“Best Bento box outside Japan”
Review of Sushi Yukari

Sushi Yukari
Ranked #692 of 2,213 Restaurants in Tucson
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 11 July 2015 via mobile

We came to eat at the neighboring Thai place which turned out to be closed after we made a special trip. We noticed Sushi Zona (new name but same location as Sushi Yukari. What a happy accident. This is the best Japanese food we have had outside Japan. We both had the Deluxe Bento box which was a delight for the eyes and the pallet. There was a squid salad included that was AWESOME. When we are in Tucson again I would stop by on purpose.

Date of visit: July 2015

Reviewed 25 April 2015

This restaurant is far from where we live so it has been awhile since we've dined there. But we happened to be in the neighborhood tonight so decided to drop in. We first learned about this place in Japan. We met a Japanese woman in Aizu who had attended the University of Arizona and said this was the best Japanese restaurant in Tucson. Each time we went to Sushi Yukari, we agreed ... an extensive menu, excellent food and delightful owners.

Tonight, however, my sushi proved to be quite average and the menu seemed to have less offerings. I thought the restaurant might be under new management; and based on a couple of reviews I just read here, it appears that I was correct. My husband, however, considered his ramen to be excellent and tasty, so that is why I have given a "very good" rating.

Overall, I now consider Sushi Yukari to be on a par with other Japanese restaurants in Tucson, which is OK. It just means that I will not drive out of my way to get here again when I can get the equivalent closer to home.

Date of visit: April 2015
2  Thank Rumples
Reviewed 1 April 2015

We went twice on 3 days. Our company insisted on going back for a second round and it was even better.
The name will soon change to SUSHI ZONA
River and Craycroft 15 min from Ventana

Date of visit: April 2015
Reviewed 16 March 2015

Yukari Sushi used to have the greatest Japanese menu in Tucson. It had so many dishes that I've never seen in any other Japanese restaurant in America.

They have since changed hands, and the food is now middling and the menu exactly like every other one out there-- even a little less extensive. It's a real shame.

Date of visit: March 2015
1  Thank Adam S
Reviewed 18 February 2015

We have been going to this restaurant for years and unfortunately it appears like there maybe a new owner. We found the soup that I have been getting forever to have three times the amount of noodles, less meat, same for my husband's soup and my mom got the tempura Halibut which was four 1inch x 1inch pieces for $9 which left her still hungry and us having to order another dish. The people were very nice and sweet, but I am a little sad about the new changes.

Date of visit: February 2015