5 people are viewing this hotel
Agoda.comUS$317
eDreamsUS$317
Trip.comUS$344
1,182 results
All reviews golf course golf trip loft suite great golf tennis courts rooms are huge in great shape bar and grill full kitchen mountain view beautiful property catalina mountains golfers kitchenette amenities accommodations lap
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 September 2018

this place is outstanding. We were met at the door offering to give us help to lift bags. From that moment it just got better and better All the staff had a smile on their face. The management have done a wonderful job well done

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
dc0215, Manager at Lodge at Ventana Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Great review, thank you for taking the time to post this. I hope you will be able to stay with us again if and when you are in Tucson again.

Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Visited during “summer rates” since it was just a bit more, even when including the additional resort fees than staying at a local hotel with same star rating.
The room:The king suite was wonderful, however if there is a return visit, I will certainly go to the Mountain View and not the tennis court view. The very large patio had loud equipment or machinery noise 24/7 that made for less than a pleasant calm and quiet experience.
WiFi: For those who expect decent “WiFi” you will be disappointed. When the WiFi was actually working it was miserably slow. Changing my location to the lobby did nothing to increase service. Making my concerns known to management during my stay and at checkout accomplished nothing. I used my private hotspot (about 6 times faster than the resort and no drops) to conduct business at my additional personal expense which should not have happened.
Dining: I had business to conduct and found that the dining room was closed until November. However, on the good side, the bar and grill was open with the same full dining room menu selections available. My dinner guests found the available selections excellent. Service was excellent. Even though we arrived late for dinner we did not feel rushed to depart after dinner service had ended. The wait staff were excellent professionals.
Summary: WiFi a definite and big negative but staff accommodation at dinner and the dining experience was a strong positive. The resort amenities for exercise and activities are excellent. For summer rates, I can deal with the patio noise. I would not accept the noise at winter rates.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank robkat71

Thank you for taking to the to post a review regarding your recent stay with us. I want to apologize for the WiFi issue. You are definitely right that you should not have had to use your hot spot to get even decent WiFi use. I will look into this so we do not have this issue in the future. Glad to hear you enjoyed your dining experience. I hope you will consider staying with us in the future next time you are in Tucson.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

The location is gorgeous! The staff was very polite and accommodating. The rooms are large, clean and have good amenities; however, there was no DVD player in my room. The food was fantastic and the service was efficient.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
dc0215, Manager at Lodge at Ventana Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Thanks for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad you liked the room and amenities. Thank you for bringing up the point about the DVD player. That is something I will look into. I hope next time you are in Tucson that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

We will be staying at The Lodge at Ventana Canyon for our future Tucson trips. We had previously been staying in another nearby hotel, but The Lodge was fantastic. We have family in Tucson and that is typically the reason for our visits. The hotel was quiet, the room was very clean and spacious. It was nice to have enough area to have people over for cocktails.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
dc0215, Manager at Lodge at Ventana Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

What a fantastic review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you will be returning. Thank you for taking the time to post this review.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

This resort had absolutely everything you could want. Wonderful pool, beautiful golf courses, great food. There was really no reason to ever go off site...except maybe to Starbucks. Every single staff member I came in contact with was knowledgeable and friendly. I will definitely be back!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review. I am glad you enjoyed the resort and that you will be back.