“Peace and quiet ”

Starr Pass Golf Suites
Ranked #66 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

The room and bathroom were a little dated, BUT it was spacious, clean, and so peaceful. All the fellow guests we met were so friendly, as was the hotel staff. We loved all the walking and hiking opportunities right there. Great Starr Pass Trailhead mere steps from the casita we were in. Was a nice place to rest our weary heads and just chill.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Martha G, Front Office Manager at Starr Pass Golf Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Thank you for sharing your thoughts HauntJauntsGrl,
We are glad you had a good stay with us and would like you to know that renovations are falling in place for the inside of the units. If you ever want to sit back and relax, come back to Tucson to the Golf Suites and share with us how we can make your stay enjoyable, we appreciate the feedback!

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Stayed her 2 nights because the next door Marriott was booked, where i was attending a conference. Golf Suites has a pool --but you had a walk a ways to get to it, the resort is sprawling. There was a nice restaurant, but I didn't eat there--I had breakfast at the conference site, including receptions both nights I stayed. But I would have eaten there otherwise--it looked nice and hours were good. Room and bath were clean. Room was not serviced during my visit--I think they aren't, since this is a vacation club property, but I'm glad it was available. Lighting in room was terrible--like they were lowest watt bulbs they could use in the 3 lights in the room. This otherwise was nice lodging, and very close-by, compared to Anything else in that community--which were budget and up by the freeway a ways. Parking was easy and not right in front of unit but close with easy access. No valet if you need it. Good friendly efficient check-in and checkout at the front desk. It is not that clear where it is, it's not well marked. Nothing else is close if you are planning activities outside the resort you will need to drive. Mini-Fridge and microwave in room, plus coffee maker, coffee, popcorn!. I had a King bed, good sized table with 2 chairs I could work at, free wifi, and the room was great otherwise--large and roomy too. The bathroom and items they offered were all good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the restaurant and pool if you plan to use either. I wouldn't say if I w...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank dachrist

dachrist,
Thank you so much for the feedback. We are indeed a Vacation Ownership Resort, so the units are serviced mid-week but we offer towel exchange and amenities replacement whenever you prefer. We hope that we can be of service next time you are in Tucson, where you can pick us as a vacation spot and we can make your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Enjoyed my two nights at Starr Pass! Huge, very comfortable king bed. Mimi kitchen, and a nice bathroom. Loved the peace and quiet, and DARK. Very little lighting from the street or surrounding units. Located about a five minute drive from all the traffic and freeway/city noises I slept like a rock on vacation! Furnishings were a little dated.

Room Tip: I asked that my room back to the foothills for a better view, and hiking trails.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Timothy B

Thank you so much for the response Timothy B,
Tucson has firm light restrictions as we have two important observatories, therefore lighting is amazing for looking at the stars! Kitt Peak Observatory has an amazing program where you can enjoy dinner and stargazing, I would recommend it next time you stop by in Tucson. We hope to see you again at the Golf Suites!

Reviewed 27 April 2017

This is a timeshare resort with studio, one and 2 bedroom suites. Each has a full kitchen and living area. It is beside A Mountain. The suites are really lovely, and the staff very accommodating. It is southwest of downtown Tucson, but close. the only drawback is a parking garage is built very close, so some of the views are spoiled. Even with that, it is nice. The JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort is not far away, but I prefer Starr Pass Golf Suites.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the parking garage.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AZTravelLady
Management response:Responded 7 May 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We hope you come back to visit us soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed in a condo with a connecting room. The kitchen was well equipped and the living space was spacious. The beds were especially comfortable as they were full memory-foam mattresses. While all of this was good it was a little out dated but the location was excellent for our purposes. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. I didn't like that I had to move rooms 3 times due to the hotel being sold out. Great pool for swimming lengths.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank RubySkyEvents
Management response:Responded 9 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback Alice. I am disappointed to hear our massage service did not meet your expectations. We know that when you are staying with us one of the perks is to be able to enjoy the services offered here at the resort. I am glad that the rest of your trip seemed to have gone well and hope you had a fantastic birthday! We value your suggestions and feedback, as it gives us guidance on what to provide our guests during vacation.