All reviewsfull kitchentime sharequailbedroom unittimeshare ownerswasher dryerdual sinksbriskettennis courtsking bedcoffee makerdesert museumquiet areahiking trailsquiet stayrecommend this resortdowntown tucson
Reviewed 4 June 2017

Stayed her 2 nights because the next door Marriott was booked, where i was attending a conference. Golf Suites has a pool --but you had a walk a ways to get to it, the resort is sprawling. There was a nice restaurant, but I didn't eat there--I had breakfast at the conference site, including receptions both nights I stayed. But I would have eaten there otherwise--it looked nice and hours were good. Room and bath were clean. Room was not serviced during my visit--I think they aren't, since this is a vacation club property, but I'm glad it was available. Lighting in room was terrible--like they were lowest watt bulbs they could use in the 3 lights in the room. This otherwise was nice lodging, and very close-by, compared to Anything else in that community--which were budget and up by the freeway a ways. Parking was easy and not right in front of unit but close with easy access. No valet if you need it. Good friendly efficient check-in and checkout at the front desk. It is not that clear where it is, it's not well marked. Nothing else is close if you are planning activities outside the resort you will need to drive. Mini-Fridge and microwave in room, plus coffee maker, coffee, popcorn!. I had a King bed, good sized table with 2 chairs I could work at, free wifi, and the room was great otherwise--large and roomy too. The bathroom and items they offered were all good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the restaurant and pool if you plan to use either. I wouldn't say if I were handicapped
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank dachrist
Martha G, Front Office Manager at Starr Pass Golf Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

dachrist,
Thank you so much for the feedback. We are indeed a Vacation Ownership Resort, so the units are serviced mid-week but we offer towel exchange and amenities replacement whenever you prefer. We hope that we can be of service next time you are in Tucson, where you can pick us as a vacation spot and we can make your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

Enjoyed my two nights at Starr Pass! Huge, very comfortable king bed. Mimi kitchen, and a nice bathroom. Loved the peace and quiet, and DARK. Very little lighting from the street or surrounding units. Located about a five minute drive from all the traffic and freeway/city noises I slept like a rock on vacation! Furnishings were a little dated.

Room Tip: I asked that my room back to the foothills for a better view, and hiking trails.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Timothy B

Thank you so much for the response Timothy B,
Tucson has firm light restrictions as we have two important observatories, therefore lighting is amazing for looking at the stars! Kitt Peak Observatory has an amazing program where you can enjoy dinner and stargazing, I would recommend it next time you stop by in Tucson. We hope to see you again at the Golf Suites!

Reviewed 27 April 2017

This is a timeshare resort with studio, one and 2 bedroom suites. Each has a full kitchen and living area. It is beside A Mountain. The suites are really lovely, and the staff very accommodating. It is southwest of downtown Tucson, but close. the only drawback is a parking garage is built very close, so some of the views are spoiled. Even with that, it is nice. The JW Marriott Starr Pass Resort is not far away, but I prefer Starr Pass Golf Suites.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the parking garage.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AZTravelLady
Management response:Responded 7 May 2017

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. We hope you come back to visit us soon.

Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed in a condo with a connecting room. The kitchen was well equipped and the living space was spacious. The beds were especially comfortable as they were full memory-foam mattresses. While all of this was good it was a little out dated but the location was excellent for our purposes. Staff was very accommodating and friendly. I didn't like that I had to move rooms 3 times due to the hotel being sold out. Great pool for swimming lengths.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank RubySkyEvents
Management response:Responded 9 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback Alice. I am disappointed to hear our massage service did not meet your expectations. We know that when you are staying with us one of the perks is to be able to enjoy the services offered here at the resort. I am glad that the rest of your trip seemed to have gone well and hope you had a fantastic birthday! We value your suggestions and feedback, as it gives us guidance on what to provide our guests during vacation.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Stayed for two nights with a friend in a king bed room. Old furniture, no decent chair to sit in. Linens only changed every four days. One bag of regular coffee that was in a filter and one decaf. Asked for more coffee on the second day and got coffee with no filter. Had to use tissues as filters. While my friend was talking with a man at the bar was told that the man had arrived late and someone from the Marriott had let him into the lobby while she contacted someone to bring him a key and take him to his room. The patrol was making its rounds, entered the building and screamed at him while putting a hand on his gun. The man told us "never again". We feel the same way.

Room Tip: some other hotel
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 7 April 2017

I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with your unit furnishings during your stay Polly. This is certainly not our Wyndham standard and we will have our maintenance team look into these issues to eliminate any future occurrences. We strive to provide top of the line accommodations for all our guests and your feedback will help us to do so.