“An amazing spa vacation destination for travelers from across the world, the country or locals from Tucson!”

Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 19 September 2017

I cannot believe (and am slightly embarrassed to say) that I just had my first experience at Miraval. This treasure is practically in my backyard and it has taken me over 18 years to visit! My husband and I have vacationed at resorts & spas all over the country and world and this resort is one of the best! The resort is nestled in the base of Pusch Ridge and they magnificantly capture the beauty of the mountains. They offer a full variety of classes which range from physical & emotional fitness to cooking and equine classes. They also bring in renown speakers and counselors. The sessions change from day to day and we found it difficult to choose which we wanted to attend as there were so many intriguing classes. The spa has abundant offerings and it was amazing and lovely! Miraval is a desert oasis like no other, it was serene and beautiful and I would be happy to hop on flight to go back, but luckily I can jump in my car and head up the road! I can't wait to visit again!

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank jnentl
Write a ReviewReviews (1,223)

Reviewed 19 September 2017

This resort is a magic place that makes me and my my girlfriend be addicted to it. I will definitely visit this place again next year.

Every staff is excellent, friendly and enthusiastic. Forgive me, I only remember two of their names, Dumiou (or Duniou?) and Dana. If the manager of Miraval saw this comment, please reward them! Actually I think all the staffs in this resort are excellent and worthy of rewards.

The dinner is flavourful and fancy. I believe I am half a foodie, the dinner in Miraval can compare with any Michelin three stars restaurants in New York! However, the lunch and breakfast are just so so, but still healthy and tasty.

All the activities and spa services are awesome. As for spa, we did Miraval Relaxation Massage, Herbal Body Balancing and Hammam, all of them are very comfortable and relaxing. I believe it is the best spa experience we have ever had in North America. (By the way, the price for spa service isn't expensive at all, compared with other top resorts.)

However, there are some small blemishes. For example, the order phone line is always busy and hard to get connected; there are no slippers and mouth wash in room, I believe a resort in this price should have; I was told there should be a flash in my room but I didn't found it. Anyway, it is still an excellent resort.

All in all, the experience in Miraval can beat any Ritz-Carlton, St. Regis and Park Hyatt in US. I am looking forward to coming back again during my next vacation.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sons634
Reviewed 18 September 2017

The grounds were very nice and well manicured the rooms were somewhat dated but the bed and bedding more than made up for that shortcoming. Breakfast dining service was awesome however the dinner service was disappointedly slow and often menu items were not available. Spa and fitness activities were good. Given the heft price tag that is associated with visiting the resort, I felt two issues I experienced while visiting could have been handled with better customer service.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2017

This Property recently joined Hyatt family, has soon become one of the most attractive resort in North America.

In this hotel, they customize your activity during your stay. There are quite many activity options, allowing you get a good chance to quickly learn some skills here. The Spa environment there is just marvelous, the room is spacious and modern from inside. Generally everything there is so good and you must have a visit. Plus, they may have the most kind and helpful team there to help you from all aspects.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We had a wonderful weekend stay at Miraval. 2 nights was not enough... and with the quick 1 hour flight into Tucson from Los Angeles, it's so easy to get there. I can't think of a negative thing to say. Everything was perfect - from the airport pick-up, to the arrival, the rooms, the activities and the food - it was all wonderful, and included! It gave my husband and I the chance to unplug and get away from all our real world stress. There is a no tipping policy which also takes away some of the stress of hotel stays. The generous resort credit was a nice addition to the package as well. I signed up for the Bountiful Earth spa treatment which was outside in one of the safari tents, and included a scrub, mud wrap, face massage, and full body 50 min massage. It was the best, and my therapist Nicole was amazing. I highly recommend a visit to Miraval, and definitely stay more than a weekend!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple