“I wish there were 10 stars . . .”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tucson
Canyon Ranch in Tucson
Ranked #2 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 7 July 2017

Canyon Ranch is a place made of dreams. Perfect food. Delightful rooms. Service beyond compare. And opportunities to grow, to learn, to exercise, to meditate, to zipline, to swimswimswimswim in warmed salt water pools. For me the golfing and tennis and hiking are out of my range, but people rave. My favorite thing is to sign up for a week long program at the Life Enhancement Center and spend the week in a cadre of people (with the freedom to move in and out of their company at any time) learning about something fascinating: expanding your spiritual awareness, your brain power, your overall health . . . What a wonderful opportunity to make new friends, or just be alone for a personal retreat - it's up to you. The spa is glorious and the treatments are superb. Ayurvedic treatments also available - oh, my, gosh, they are wonderful. Best manicures and pedicures ever. Drumming, jewelry making, painting, working with clay - try it all. Canyon Ranch is an all-inclusive heaven on earth.

Room Tip: Ask the reservations specialist to suggest a room close to your favorite activities.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Virginia G
crsocial, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Thank you for choosing Canyon Ranch in Tucson as your 10 star vacation destination! Our all-inclusive nature and wide variety of offerings make for the perfect stress-free vacation. We appreciate your enthusiastic recommendations and your high praise for our Life Enhancement Program. As we fondly refer to it, the LEP is the heart of Canyon Ranch and the ultimate experience for those wanting to make a long lasting change in personal wellness. The LEP staff look forward to providing their personalized expertise and support to meet your individual wellness goals. The team will appreciate hearing you have shared your endorsement at TripAdvisor. Have a great rest of your summer and it will be our pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

Canyon ranch experience is unique -- kind of a one stop place to addresses Health & Wellness concerns, participate in arts and crafts and fitness activities and pamper yourself with spa treatments. It was wonderful experience and would definitely do it again.
However in drafting Trip Advisor review, I decided to concentrate on Lodging/Dining/Spa treatments so that I could compare ‘like for like’ to Tucson area Luxury Resorts (i.e. Loews Ventana Canyon and Ritz Carlton Dove Mountain) which I have visited.

Lodging:
Room was clean. Bathroom was just OK (no luxury touches such as overhead shower or outside shower). Bedding was comfortable but I had I hard time sleeping. Believe it was because my Room had an individual AC unit. It is typically hot in Tucson in June—and was unseasonably hotter while I was there. It seemed to take a long time to cool down room and unit was noisier than central AC.
Dining:
Meals are included and I found the food to be tasty. Having sorbet by the pool was a nice touch during the hot weather. Found the service from wait staff in Double U Cafe to be lacking: One time my half-eaten salad was taken away (without my permission) whenever entrée was delivered. Another time, I had repeatedly ask wait staff to check on a long pending order.

Spa:
Spa treatments are pretty comparable other local resorts. Canyon Ranch does have some unique treatments—for example they offer a massage in a heated pool. With the exception of one person (who came off a little surly—perhaps she was having a bad day???) I found the spa attendants to be helpful.

Room Tip: A fellow traveler shared that best rooms are located in the Life Enhancement Center.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank SonoranGurl
crsocial, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback on your stay. I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations and truly appreciate your input on how we might improve. Your review is important to us and we take your criticisms and suggestions to heart. We hope you will give us an opportunity in the future to provide you with an exceptional Canyon Ranch in Tucson wellness vacation.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Loved our visit to this property. Our stay here was akin to being on a cruise ship on steroids. The staff always went out of their way to accommodate - from pillow service to looking into events.
One tip - we were there for five days and took advantage of their service to book treatments beforehand. Every minute can be used to your advantage if you plan out your top events and then fill in your schedule with other activities on the fly.
At the resort they have athletic activities, art activities, cooking classes, interesting speakers and pampering services. If you are interested in bone health, mental health, intuitive health, different modalities of treatments are all there. The goal of the resort is to offer activities and resources to help you live a full healthy life.
The food was absolutely amazing - so much better than a cruise because it was designed with a health in mind. Delicious mock cocktails - or some people brought wine to their rooms. We didn’t and never missed our glass of wine at night with all they offered.
The grounds are designed with numerous places to relax. Art and water features all over the resort. Their attention to the details of making a peaceful rejuvenating atmosphere is on a level way above any 5 star resort I’ve stayed. Their plantings, art, energy vortex spots, and flow of trails are great. I will be returning!

Room Tip: Book your treatments before you arrive.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends

On behalf of our entire team, thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Our peaceful environment, exhilarating activities, delicious cuisine and, most of all, our talented staff are here to motivate you to enjoy living a healthier lifestyle and to inspire you to continue that feeling once you return home. We are delighted you loved your stay and it will be our pleasure to welcome you on your return.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

You know that feeling when you order a salad at dinner when your friends order burgers and you leave feeling healthy AF?? Imagine having that feeling for days or weeks at a time. THAT is Canyon Ranch.

This is one of my favorite places on earth. Its the perfect getaway to focus on yourself and escape the bad habits of alcohol, laziness, and unhealthy food.

Every part of the ranch is top quality: The facilities, the surrounding nature, the staff and service, the spa, and the food.

I cannot give a high enough praise to the experience that one has when coming here. I would recommend it to anyone regardless of age or condition.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
crsocial, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

We strive to be the ultimate wellness vacation destination and one that will benefit our guests well past their departure. As you have experienced, it is a great way to realize your wellness goals and put them into practice with our caring professionals as guides. Thank you for your recommendation and on behalf of everyone here at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, it will be our pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

Love this resort spa. The moment I walk through the doors there is such calming effect that comes over me.
So many activities to choose from in addition to treatments and talks to counselors/doctors on concerns and wants I have
The accommodations are beautiful though I was in my room very little. Don't need to bring any creams or lotions as the locker room is full of them
I spend 5 days and 4 nights there each year. I fly into Tucson the day before my Canyon Ranch reservation, spend the night at the Hampton Inn and then have the Ranch shuttle pick me up early on the morning of my reservation. On the last day I spend the whole day at the ranch and then go back to the same hotel for the night. I want to maximize my time there
I have been 2 years in a row and will be back in 2018. Can't wait. Love the staff and the whole scene

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Acey071368

Thank you for being such a loyal Canyon Ranch in Tucson fan. It is motivating, as well as rewarding, to hear that we continue to exceeded your expectations. We want all our guests to enjoy longevity through healthy choices and active lifestyles. I appreciate you sharing your wonderful endorsement, compliments on our caring staff and thoughtful suggestions with the TripAdvisor community. It will be our pleasure to welcome you again next year.