1,379 results
All reviews church bells grace church brick wall arts district charming hotel valet parking within walking distance chain hotels junior suite street noise loved this hotel would definitely stay here again valet service front desk staff heart of downtown king bed brown university
Reviewed 5 November 2018

Room was spacious, suite style had kitchen in it - convenient. Good service. Parking is not really available, so you have to valet, which adds to the cost. I don't have much more to say but they are making me write 200 characters, which is kind of annoying.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Brian K
MattChauvin, General Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2018

Dear Brian K,

Thanks so much for leaving us a five star review of your stay here with us. I am glad to hear that you found the room to be spacious and the service good. Thanks again for staying with us while visiting your child that is attending one of our many nearby colleges. We look forward to your return trip!

Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

This was a fantastic hotel. The location was wonderful as it is centered close to a lot of great things. You can walk to almost anywhere. The older gentleman who greets you I. The morning is wonderful and goes above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable. He helps us find great places to eat d to get to our destination. The room was clean and very comfortable. The only downside side was the bathtub made me feel as though I might die as it was so slick when. I started to shower. There were grip type markings but have been worn away from use. If you are an elderly person this could have been harmful. I know I almost fell several times. Other than that the room was amazing and comfortable. I would definitely book a room here again in the future.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Paradise53142206188,

Thanks for leaving us a review of your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you found the hotel to be fantastic! Thanks for the feedback about the tub, we will definitely look into that as we do not want anyone to get hurt. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in our area!

Reviewed 1 November 2018

The vent in the bathroom was broken and it constantly made very loud noise. I asked to switch a room, and the front desk just said all rooms were sold out without checking the computer. That’s it. They would not charge the $30 parking. It was 9:00 pm, how can we book another room right away. The noise was so loud that we could not sleep at all.

It is hard to believe a 4-star hotel would provide such bad service.

Besides the noise and the service, the room and the view are really excellent.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear forfun135,

Thanks so much for leaving us a review of your stay with us. I am so sorry you had a problem with the vent in your room.We have been pretty busy this month so we may of just been sold out, i am very sorry we were unable to move your room. I am glad to hear that you did enjoy the room and the great views of Providence! Please email or call me directly net time you are in our area and i will be more than happy to make it up to you with an upgraded suite.

Reviewed 1 November 2018

We enjoyed our brief stay at the Providence Hotel. The hotel is small but elegant and well located in the heart of downtown. Great views from our corner room. Smallish room and bathroom but that is to be expected in a city hotel. Very friendly staff. Cookies and creative fruit juice in the lobby. Fab sheets. Traditional furnishings and vibe gave this hotel a somewhat old-school, vaguely European feel.

Room tip: Higher floors/corner rooms offer good views
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Alice M,

Thanks or leaving us a review of your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, found the staff to be friendly, and had a great view from your corner room.We definitely have a European feel to the hotel with antiques and paintings located around the hotel. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Providence!

Reviewed 31 October 2018

A very cute and charming hotel. It was nice and clean. The staff was a bit overwhelmed at the time of our check in but were still very friendly. The room and bathroom were of ample size. Had everything you need and was located right in the heart of town. I only stayed here one night so I have no complaints. I would definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear jrog9832,

Thanks for leaving us a five star review of your stay with us. I am glad that you found the hotel to be charming as well as nice and clean.Thanks for the recommendation and we look forward to seeing you again sometime soon!