1,366 results
All reviews grace church brick wall arts district charming hotel valet parking within walking distance chain hotels street noise junior suite loved this hotel would definitely stay here again valet service front desk staff heart of downtown king bed brown university federal hill
Reviewed 16 September 2018

We were there for only one night but our room was very nice and comfortable. The bathroom amenities were of excellent quality. We had breakfast in the morning at their restaurant that was excellent. We did have a challenge locating the vending machine for snacks, water and ice (it was a very hot day) because it was located in another section of the hotel and you had to navigate through the maze to get to it. I guess it is because of age of the hotel. However, the staff was very helpful and brought us what we needed to our room. The overnight parking is expensive.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MattChauvin, General Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear Rajan A,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review of your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you found the room to be nice and comfortable. I will also pass along your nice comments to the chef regarding breakfast.

We look forward to seeing you again sometime soon!

Reviewed 7 September 2018

Room was nice. The lobby is very nice. It was great that parking was valet. What I really think makes the hotel great is the staff. Staff was so accommodating, cordial and professional! They had good suggestions on restaurants and things to do in the city. If you needed anything, it was quickly taken care of. We would definitely stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
MattChauvin, General Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear David P,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a five star review of your stay here with us. I am glad to hear that you found the staff to be professional and accommodating, i will be sure to pass along your kind words to them. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 1 September 2018

We couldn't have been happier during our recent visit. My daughter had stayed here while on tour and couldn't wait to return. We had a lovely corner, king suite that included breakfast. Since the weather was so nice we were able to enjoy our meals in the courtyard. The staff was professional and helpful particularly Alisha at the front desk. Don't miss the Water Fire festival if you are there in the summer months and sit in the Waterpark basin but get there at least an hour early. Can't wait to return.

Dear Expedition62344,

I am glad to hear that you were able to visit us during a Waterfire festival and enjoyed your stay with us. I am also delighted to hear that you enjoyed one of our King Suites and were able to visit our restaurant Backstage Kitchen and Bar. We have a beautiful outdoor area where you can enjoy alfresco dining for breakfast and dinner. We look forward to seeing you again sometime soon and thanks for leaving us a five star review!

Reviewed 30 August 2018

I arrived here a day before my best friend and our trip around the east coast. The airline had broken my brand new bag (large). I asked the hotel if they could discard it for me, since it was so big. No problem, they handled it. I took a shower later after finding a new suitcase and when I stepped out, there was water all over the floor, even though you step over a small ledge to get in the shower. The rubber piece at the bottom of the glass wasn't attached all the way across the bottom of the door. I had just gotten out of a boot for a broken foot, so I talked to the front desk about it. They sent someone immediately the next morning and he fixed it. He was also super nice and we had a great conversation about owning a business. When my friend arrived later that morning and we headed out. We were able to walk to the Rhode Island School of Design Museum, Craftland, Hemenway's, Walgreen's, Atheneum, Starbucks. It's close to everything. The staff was amazing! So helpful and attentive. I thought the room was great and I had no issues sleeping. I've seen a couple of people commenting about the room temperature. I've noticed at a lot of hotels, when you turn the air conditioner down, it still feels like it's 75 degrees or higher in the room (sorry, I'm from Texas, I need my a/c at a constant 70!). I would definitely stay here again. It's a great boutique hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear TripVbarS,

Thanks for leaving us a five star review of your stay with us. I am glad that you found our location to be great and the hotel great as well. I am also glad to hear the issue with your shower was fixed quickly and that you enjoyed a nice conversation with Dennis our Chief Engineer while he fixed it. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Old, refurbished, comfortable hotel. Lovely decor with old world charm. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Were kind enough to give us a upgraded room when our room was not ready, at no additional expense. Close to Brown University, no shuttle service. Good restaurant on site.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Greg N, Director of Sales at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you for your review of Hotel Providence! I'm so glad you enjoyed the charm of our hotel. During your next visit, be sure to check out our self-guided art tour, which allows guests to learn more about the art and antiques on display throughout the hotel. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Warmest regards,