1,356 results
All reviews grace church brick wall arts district charming hotel valet parking chain hotels within walking distance street noise the general manager would definitely stay here again junior suite loved this hotel valet service heart of downtown great room king bed brown university
Reviewed 15 June 2016

I travel quite a bit to the Providence area for business and have stayed in several of the surrounding hotels. All of them are great and I could suggest them all but I would enthusiastically recommend Hotel Providence. Very spacious rooms, comfortable beds, surgically clean bathrooms and an incredible staff.
The fitness center is well appointed, the decor is classical and it is walking distance to some of the finest restaurants in DT Providence. A walk to Mills Tavern or Hemenways is just over .5 mile one way and it is a very pleasant walk. 5 minutes to the River for Firewater and an excellent view of the State House.
If I had one negative it would be getting a room i the rear of the hotel at the far end of the narrow hallway, but that is barely a negative.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front of the hotel are as nicely appointed as the rooms in the rear of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
klajoie, General Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2016

Dear BobM1969,
I appreciate your great comments about the hotel and I agree we do have an incredible staff! I will share this with my team. Thank you for the great feedback about the Providence area and we do have many great restaurants in the area and very easy to get to by foot. We hope you return in the near future for Waterfire or one of the many other activities in the Providence area and that you again choose to stay with us at Hotel Providence.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

wonderful and very well appointed hotel in city . Close to many attractions and great resturants . Doorman friendly and personable ,helpful with luggage and car valet. We had a very spacious well appointed room clean as a whistle. Would highly recommend this property for a stay.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family

Dear Norman,
Thank you for the great comments about the hotel and the staff. I will share with my team! We look forward to your next visit and hope Hotel Providence will again be your hotel of choice.

Reviewed 12 June 2016

Love the soundproofing, FYI. Liked everything about this hotel, especially the friendly staff, terrific location, and comfortable rooms. Our only disappointment was the breakfast--very expensive and quite mediocre. (Be sure to eat elsewhere. We were on a tight schedule, so didn't want to take the time to explore downtown. Next time, we will.). We will certainly stay here on future trips.

Room Tip: Note the church next door with bells that ring from 8 am-8 pm.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Kelly L, General Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Dear Valerie B,
Thanks for your feedback regarding the sound proofing we completed that in the spring. I have shared your comments with my staff and I am glad they made it a memorable stay for you. We look forward to your next visit in the near future!

Reviewed 10 June 2016

Only stayed one night at Hotel Providence, but that one night left me wanting more! Gorgeous room, super quiet (felt like I was the only person staying on the entire floor - even though there was evidence that I was not).

Beautiful furnishings, comfortable bed, quality linens, gorgeous bathroom with quality toiletries.

Fantastic location, plenty of great places to eat nearby within walking distance.

But the parking....I paid $25 for one night at the lot across the street - OUCH!

I was here on business, but would certainly come back for pleasure!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business

Dear Townsy,
Thank you for the great review and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay at our beautiful hotel. I have shared this with my team and we look forward to your next visit!!

Reviewed 31 May 2016 via mobile

A short stay in Providence and late booking for this hotel. Everything about this hotel is adorable. The rooms are spacious, furnishings are breath taking and for those clean freaks this is it. Overall the hotel furnishings just make you want to sit in the spacious foyer and take in the beauty.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
klajoie, General Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2016

Dear SRule10200,

I just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Hotel Providence! So glad you were able to experience our warm Hotel Providence hospitality and we look forward to seeing you soon.