“Worth the wait!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Federal Hill
Reviewed 23 October 2016

We called ahead because we had a large party and had to wait a little while for our table but oh, was it worth it! Everything was delicious from pasta alfredo to the lasagna. This restaurant has been around for over 90 years and it is clear why! Reasonable prices and delicious Italian food. How can you go wrong? We will definitely come here again when we are in Providence!

Reviewed 20 October 2016

Great place , simple décor, simple good food. A Federal Hill landmark! Try the bragiola, all the pastas are great!

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 17 October 2016

After watching Guy F from the Food Channel rate this eatery, my wife and I were excited to eat there. We went on a Thursday night. Parking can be a pain but they do have valet parking. I ordered the braciloa which was tender but lacked any filling. The sauce, I thought, was acidic. My wife ordered the ravioli which was cold and appeared to come from a store bought package. The server brought another order of ravioli for my wife but she also felt the sauce lacked any character and the ravioli was nothing special.

Our server was very efficient, informative and friendly. I think, perhaps, our expectations caused us to be a bit more picky. Would not return.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

My wife and I recently went to Angelo's restaurant and I sure am glad we did. While I had been there several times a year for lunch when I worked in Providence, this is the first time in many years that I ate there on a weekend.

I had spaghetti with bolognese sauce, meatballs, and a side of french fries. My wife had baked macaroni (with cheese). Both meals were excellent. The sauce (gravy) was just as good as our favorite Italian restaurant , Pat's in Johnston. Both sauces are delirious. I really like good french fries, and these were great. Not greasy, and tasty. They mention on the menu that they are twice fried.

The bread was both fresh an great tasting.

My only minor complaint was the portions were a little small. Not sure if there is one menu for lunch and a different one for lunch. However, this is only a minor complaint.

So, if you want a great Italian dinner, in an Italian informal atmosphere, try Angelo's -- I don't think you will be disappointed.

1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 9 October 2016

We have going to Angelo's for years and have always been satisfied until today. The portions were small and the the food was bland. I ordered pork chops $18.95 and it came with a small cup of apple sauce and eight french fries. The waitress should have been embarrassed. My Son had meatballs and fries, Trader Joe's frozen meatballs are much better. I am sorry to say I won't be returning any time soon.