“Gluten Free Pasta”

Cassarino's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cassarino's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 897 Restaurants in Providence
Price range: US$1 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Federal Hill
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Walking down the street and stumbled upon this place. Checked them out on this site and decided to go in. We were not disappointed.

We asked if they could prepare the calamari gluten free and they were very accommodating. It was delicious.

My daughter and I got the Pink Vodka Pesto. It was FANTASTIC. Great flavor and very filling.

Service was great and quick. Bathrooms are ultra modern and clean.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

In a row of all Italian restaurants, this was our best meal of vacation. We had the spicy sauce. It was pretty intense, but we loved it. Would return.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I was in Providence visiting the city between seeing friends and decided to stop by for some Italian because the menu looked nice. The restaurant itself wasn’t that busy, although there was a small bar with just under 10 of us there. It took quite a while before anyone acknowledged my presence there or provided me with a menu which wasn’t a great start. The dishes, however, sounded very nice. I also just asked for some bread and butter as the people left and right of me had some. Unfortunately they seemed to forget and I had to ask again if the bread was actually coming because I was hungry, and when it did come I sat there in a bit of disbelief about having to them ask again for both butter and for some silverware which for whatever reason I had not been given. My server also had never removed my bulky menus so, aside from them sitting there, it was a problem when my food actually arrived and there was nowhere to put it. What I will say is that, while it’s on the more expensive said for what I would have expected, the portions are HUGE. I’m a guy in his 20s and it would easily feed me well twice over! All in all, service left a lot to be desired; the guy behind the bar looked young and new and perhaps he was just unsupported whilst still learning the ropes and the restaurant should have better helped him out.

Reviewed 22 May 2018 via mobile

A business associate recommended Cassarino’s as it was within walking distance and you can’t stay near Federal Hill without having good Italian food. As this guy is Italian, I trust his judgement. I’m hesitant because of my food restrictions, but go in with an open mind. My server, Dominic, was patient and kind. He went above and beyond in recommendations of wine and specials. I ordered the veal chop with pasta and salad on the side as I have to avoid the original sides. I let Dominic know that I cannot have onions and asked that they not be put on the salad. He went the extra mile and let the chef know about this intolerance, so the chef made fresh marinara for my pasta as their house marinara includes onions. This kind gesture is not something that happens in most restaurants. This is exceptional! Every part of my meal, from the veal chop to the fresh marinara on the pasta to the cannoli I had for dessert was delicious. I could not have asked for better service. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

I recently visited Cassarino's for a business related dinner. It was on a Monday night, so it was not too busy and conducive to enjoyable discussion. The interior is warm and inviting.
All of the entree's were enjoyed, the Pollo Milano was well seasoned and tasty, another had the recommended Lobster Ravioli, which they enjoyed very much.
Two others had nightly specials.
Dominic, our waiter, was excellent- attentive without being overbearing. With the many Italian restaurants in the area, choosing one is never easy. We made a good choice with Cassarino's- no regrets.