“Very Tasty and Flavorful”
Review of Waterman Grille

Waterman Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Waterman Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 828 Restaurants in Providence
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pittman
Reviewed 16 September 2017

I went to this restaurant on my birthday (Sunday - 9/10) with my family and was pretty impressed with my experience. The restaurant was pretty quiet when we arrived around 4:30 or so for dinner and the inside of the place was very clean. I also noticed that our table, utensils, cups and napkins were very clean as well. As for the food, me and my family agreed that it all tasted delicious and had lots of flavor in it (even if the portion size was a tad bit smaller than what we are usually used to). I ordered the pan-roasted chicken breast which tasted delicious. My brother (who is a very picky eater) ordered the wood-grilled sirloin steak which to me and my family's surprise ate everything that was on his plate. My parents ordered the meal of the day which was a fish stew. They told me that the fish, the sauce that was on the fish and the bread that was in the bowl tasted great but they didn't like that they added too many greens in the bowl. For dessert, we all ate the Waterman dessert sampler which tasted great too. I think everyone's favorite dessert was the strawberry pistachio sundae. Yum! I would definitely recommend this place for someone who is looking for a creative and delicious dining experience.

Paul S, General Manager at Waterman Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Cindy,
Thank you for the nice review and we are honored you chose to celebrate your birthday with us. I'm glad you and the family enjoyed your meals. We hope we can see you all again soon. We appreciate the recommendation.
Paul Sousa
(Thanks for the shout out on Yelp too!)

Reviewed 13 September 2017

We arrived slightly early, no problem, we were shown straight to a table.
The welcome was warm and we were made to feel special. The menu was excellent as was the wine list. Our server could not have been better.
The food and wine was excellent, we left very full.

Paul S, General Manager at Waterman Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear 007BillM,
We always like to hear that everything is excellent, so thank you for the nice review. We hope you can come back again soon for more.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

A fantastic prix fix menu for $29 on certain days/times. We tried 3 starters, 2 main courses including steak, and one sweet. Everything was well cooked and tasty. The portions were on the generous side. In top of that for $15 one could have either a French red or Chardonnay white. We sat on the terrace with a fine view of the estuary.

Paul S, General Manager at Waterman Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Tolroy,
Thanks for the review and the five-star rating. I'm glad you enjoy our Chef's Three-Course Seasonal Menu which is available every Sunday through Thursday. It's really a nice way to try some great new flavors. Hope you come back for more.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Excellent food, ambience, service. What more could you ask of Sunday brunch. The view of the river would be enough, but the food makes this place special. Best of all, though, are the attentive but relaxed servers. They are -- to a person -- friendly but not intrusive. I am a frequent visitor for these brunches and have never been disappointed. It makes sense to make a reservation a couple of days in advance because many people know that the Waterman Grille has an excellent and relatively inexpensive weekend brunch. Sitting with good friends at a table by the water is the best any time of the year!

Dear Doris,
Thanks for joining us for Sunday brunch and we are happy to know you find us one of the best. We think it's the perfect way to relax on a Sunday. Hope you come back for more.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Recently went here to celebrate a birthday lunch...best burger I've ever had at a restaurant!! We sat outside on the porch over looking the Seekonk River, it was really nice! This would be a great place to come in the winter time, the inside bar is just so cozy!

Paul S, General Manager at Waterman Grille, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear CindyLCan,
Thank you for the nice review and I am glad you enjoyed your burger so much. I hope you can come back again. We are indeed a cozy spot in the Fall and Winter too.