Hotel Providence(Providence)
US$202
US$168
Courtyard
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$192/night.

Omni Providence Hotel(Providence)
US$214
US$189
  • Pool
US$272
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$203/night.

Hotels.com
US$180
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$223/night.

Providence Biltmore(Providence)
US$168
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The Dean Hotel(Providence)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$157
All reviewswayland squarebrown universityapartmentgeopropertiessheetsproperty
Reviewed 27 July 2012

What a wonderful experience we had in Unit 2 at The Residences on Angell. This beautiful condo was elegant in its architectural detailing as well as its decor, and was a joy to come home to every evening. We loved the little garden behind the house, and enjoyed using the grill to prepare several seafood and steak dinners. The condo's location could not have been better, as it was within walking distance to Wayland Square filled with delightful bistros and interesting retail shops, as well as close to the historic districts of Brown University, RISD and Benefit Street. And the management team was the absolute best! Located on site, both George and Rita were so responsive to our questions and requests - their customer service was exceptional and very much appreciated! Thank you for a wonderful home away from home in Providence. We will recommend The Residences on Angell to family and friends if they're headed to Providence!

Room Tip: Unit 2 was perfect - incredible architecture; bedroom located at back of the building for a good night's sleep; incredibly comfortable bed; and fully equipped kitchen perfect for making breakfast, lunch or dinner at home. Want to head out for a meal? There are many restaurants/bistros right around the corner.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SASWorldTraveler
RitaDanielleSteele, Owner at The Residences on Angell, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you as our guests again soon. ~ Rita

Reviewed 26 April 2011

We enjoyed nearly six months in the two bedroom apartment as we looked for housing in the area. The apartment is absolutely gorgeous, with elegant furnishings and décor, and beautiful craftsmanship. The chef’s kitchen was a dream come true, as was the covered patio where we ate most of our meals. The staff went beyond the call of duty to ensure we were comfortable and had everything we needed during our stay. The location is fantastic with many restaurants, cafes and shops only steps away. We were reluctant to leave…it truly is a gem!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank mlleduke
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I stayed in Unit 1 at The Residences on Angell for 2 months (January-February) while I was working in Rhode Island, far away from my Orange County, California home. Unit 1 truly was a "home away from home" for me beginning on the first day I moved in. When I walked in the back door there was a bottle of wine waiting for me and a detailed welcome letter with all the information I needed to settle into my new home in the Wayland Square area. Everything about the Unit is so inviting and comfortable. It has a gorgeous kitchen with stainless steel appliances and plenty of cooking space. I only found one item missing from the fully functional kitchen -- cookie sheets. I notified the team, and cookie sheets were delivered to me less than 24 hours later! Everyone at GeoProperties was so helpful in every way imaginable. Thank you to everyone on the team for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Tsullivan_11
Reviewed 9 February 2011

We spent a month in the 2-bedroom unit and really enjoyed it. The kitchen was an upscale marvel of convenience. Cooking was a joy on the Wolf stove and the open space is very conducive to entertaining. There is an elegant dining room as well as an open air covered dining area (although the weather was too cold to use it during our stay); both spaces would work equally well for a dinner party or a working dinner. The bathrooms are bright and spacious, with roomy bedrooms that have more closet space than you'll need. Every room has wonderful full length windows that flood the apartment with light. It was very clean when we arrived and our security deposit was returned promptly at the end of our stay.
The location is fantastic: we had a locally respected restaurant, an independent bookstore, numerous coffee shops and cafes, and unique independent retailers all within 2 blocks. Brown University is nearby and there is a bus stop across the street. Whole Foods and Eastside Market, both locally-loved grocery stores, are within walking distance.
Staff was very helpful and delivered several packages to our doorstep without our asking. They were unfailingly friendly and concerned that we enjoy our stay.
Why 4 stars instead of 5? The living room and master bedroom could have used a little more furniture (side tables, more seating, floor lamps, night stands, etc.) and a king size bed would have been nice in one of the bedrooms. These omissions may have been addressed since we were there, since the staff was sincerely interested in our suggestions. If so, consider it a 5 star rating.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rjacobs_209
RitaDanielleSteele, Owner at The Residences on Angell, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Hello! Thank you so much for your review. We were thrilled to hear that you had a good stay, and we appreciated your feedback. Since your stay we have made the improvements you recommended, and have added in quite a bit more lighting and furniture into the unit. I hope to see you again in Providence! ~ Rita

Reviewed 4 February 2011

If you've ever stayed at an extended-stay hotel (one that usually comes with standard hotel amenities but also has a kitchen-- meant for the traveler who isn't traveling for the short-term), you'd have the skeleton idea of this place.

But you don't get a skeleton living space empty of soul or taste or warmth. I loved every minute in the Wayland Hotel Alternative studio space I was in. The furnishings and design were beautiful and the comfort and appreciation of the tenant was clearly a concern for those responsible for preparing the space. While the space was pre-furnished and had mostly everything I needed waiting there for me, the few times I did request certain items (replacements for broken dishware, cleaning supplies), they were promptly at my door within the next few days. The realty staff was warm and friendly, the area is EXTREMELY safe (I generally walked home from work at night and never felt endangered in any way), and the tenants generally keep to themselves.

While the price is not for those who would rather spend their money elsewhere, I couldn't see myself living anywhere that didn't bring a smile to my face and relaxation to my muscles when I opened the door. I feel it was definitely worth it and I would recommend the Wayland Hotel Alternatives to any friend of mine who could afford it.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business