4 people are viewing this hotel
US$236
Free cancellation until 31/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Marriott Hotels
PricelineUS$236
Hotels.comUS$236
eDreamsUS$236
2,236 results
All reviews outdoor pool bluefin grille free parking front desk the concierge lounge the shuttle driver business meeting the entire staff upon check rhode island downtown event lobby highway waterfire college
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott Bonvoy downtown Providence and had a great experience with all the staff. The place was clean, pet friendly and had great facilities. Vincent in the bar, was super friendly and great to talk to!

Date of stay: September 2021
Reviewed 2 September 2021

In case some people haven't heard, the travel industry has been ravaged by Covid AND finding additional employees is painstaking. So forget about the previous reviews with whining.
This hotel aggressively pursued a top to bottom renovation during COVID. The rooms are brand spanking new. So is the lobby, bar and restaurant. The outdoor pool is also top notch. (This is a rarity in the northeast anyway.)
Now that the clarification is out of the way, the front desk at all hotels may be short staffed, So might be telephone operations.
Here's why I'm writing. My wife and I had a great stay. We've been to this hotel over the past 40 years and it was the best stay ever.
If you are a breakfast eater--the restaurant is awesome. The waitress Doxanelle was awesome. She brought out the food exactly as ordered each day. Most impressive was her hospitality which was transcended by her KINDNESS. She brought a smile to us each day with the personal attention.

Room tip: Patience is required wherever you go. Period.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2021

My husband myself and 6 of our family members stayed with us. They of course had separate rooms. I can not go into all of the problems, this review would be to lengthy. There were kids overrunning the hotel. We made the mistake of getting a pool room near the elevator and fire door from the second floor. The kids set the stairway alarm off twice and kept using it as an exit, the door would start slamming at 6 am. Every problem, the female hotel manager had an excuse. They were not able to hire enough personnel. We have been staying here summer, thanksgiving and Easter for years. The restaurant is not open 7 days, the outside bar is only open on weekends. The shuttle will not run until 2022. Do yourself a favor, don’t stay here until they can get their act together.

Date of stay: July 2021
1  Thank badsaltydog
Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

We chose this hotel because it had a lovely pool. And it does. But the rooms are unbelievably poorly designed and the service is awful. All throughout our stay there was only one person working the front desk which led to long lines. One of these workers was angry and the other was clueless. The final tipping point of this trip was being woken up on Saturday morning by the cleaning staff Asking when we were checking out. I don’t know why she needed to know this if we had to do not disturb sign on the door and it was well before checkout time.

1  Thank robyn814
Reviewed 19 August 2021

What makes a great hotel? Excellent service? Beautiful clean pool? Updated clean rooms? YES, YES, and YES. This is the Marriott Downtown. I have stayed here many times and each time is the same. I am welcomed by Iris at the desk. Every request is answered with a YES. May I have this room, YES, may I have a late check out, YES, May I have this or that, YES, and all these YESES come with a smile. Then there is our server Dazhanelle, I wish they would clone her. Hello, welcome back and my coffee appears. Dazhanelle always has a genuine smile. She always making sure everything is perfect. The last time I was at the hotel I complemented her to the manager and the table next to me joined in and said how great she is. Be smart and ask for her, you will not be disappointed. The indoor-outdoor pool area is like a country club. There are big comfy lounge chairs and patio furniture. After working all day it is quite relaxing to sit around the beautiful fire pit. Kudos to Farooq for such a wonderful hotel.