“Early summer vacation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Machin's Cottages in the Pines
Reviewed 1 July 2017

My wife and I spent a week in June, 2017 at Machin's Cottages in the Pines. We have stayed there several times and as usual the cottage was immaculate and well stocked. The quiet and peaceful surroundings are great for relaxing and watching wildlife. The staff is very accommodating to their guests. We plan to return soon!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
LeeM684, Owner at Machin's Cottages in the Pines, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2017

We appreciate very much people who return to our place year after year. These return guests make up most of our business. We enjoy having them here over and over again.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Estes Park is incredibly busy in the summer during peak season. These cottages are nestled at the top of a dead end road. Cottage #17 is located adjacent to RMNP and great for viewing wildlife. The cottage was very clean and comfortable. We enjoyed sitting on the porch drinking our coffee in the morning and relaxing. In the evenings we enjoyed sitting in the outdoor seating area and using the BBQ to cook our supper. Lee, Scott and Christina worked very hard at making our stay very enjoyable. Thank you!

Room Tip: Cottage # 17 is located at the top of the hill side property and the most secluded.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
LeeM684, Owner at Machin's Cottages in the Pines, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

This was the first time that these guests stayed in one of our cottages, that are located inside Rocky Mountain National Park. We are very pleased that they liked the cottage, and enjoyed their stay at our place.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

I absolutely LOVED my stay at Machin's! I was in Cabin 8, which was exceptionally clean and cared for. The kitchen was well stocked with cooking supplies. The cabin was large, especially considering the very reasonable price for the location. My favorite part was the outdoor space - a big porch and my own picnic table and chairs outside the cabin, which offered a beautiful view. The location was perfect - very secluded, but also a short ride into town, to restaurants, or RMNP. I woke up to see a few elk grazing right outside my bedroom window. The wifi worked wonderfully, too. I would highly recommend Machin's to anyone visiting RMNP. Thank you!!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jessie P
LeeM684, Owner at Machin's Cottages in the Pines, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

We are very pleased that these guests enjoyed their stay at our place.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

PLUSES: Like all the cabins on the grounds, stepping into Cabin # 4 is like going back in time.
The view was unobstructed from the large windows and the large private deck was a plus, as was the clean grill.
The kitchen was very well stocked with plenty of dishes. There were pots and pans for cooking just about anything you would want. (Bring your own sharp knives)
The bath towels were very fluffy and clean ones were available every day.
MINUSES: There were some negative things about this cabin. The worst thing were the very HARD and UNCOMFORTABLE mattresses with the springs poking through in a few places. The second morning, I saw my neighbors as they were leaving and I asked about their mattress, thinking that perhaps I could ask to be moved, but they had the same complaint.
I decided to pad the mattress using the extra blankets in addition to using a foam mattress pad that I purchased in town at True Value, The bed was then passable for the next two nights.
Later, I read a review by someone who had to purchase an inflatable mattress in town to get a good nights sleep. So just be warned! Come prepared.
The carpet on the front step was ripped and could have been easily glued down before someone trips and gets injured.
The seam in the living room carpet was also pulling apart but did not seem to pose a hazard.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2016

I am stunned to read the review titled "A Pit From Hell". I've never written a review before, but am compelled to do so, as we are currently vacationing in cottage # 12 and it is charming. Yes, it is older and rustic, but that adds to the charm. It is exceptionally clean and well maintained. The rooms are nice sized and very bright and cheerful. We have a nice porch and deck with furniture and a picnic table, as well as a gas grill. Lots of wildlife to enjoy, also. I couldn't disagree more with the previous review!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
LeeM684, Owner at Machin's Cottages in the Pines, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

I was very pleased to read the review from the guest who was staying in Cottage 12. I am very glad she liked the cottage, and I was stunned, as she was, to read the review titled " A Pit from Hell". Cottage 12 is one our smaller 2 bedroom cottages, and one of the few cottages that is not a separate unit. It is on the ground floor and Cottage 11 is on the second floor. Some of our cottages have better locations, and better views than others, but we believe that all of our cottages are very nice, and none can not be called " A Pit from Hell". Anyway, I appreciate very much the nice review the guest who was staying in Cottage 12 wrote.