“We're Back!”

RiverWood on Fall River
Reviewed 28 November 2016

Love this condo! Have been staying here for 7 years. Bonnie and Cheryl are wonderful managers. Our condo has always been super clean, homey, comfortable, and well stocked. There has always been wildlife in the area. It is soothing to listen to the river on our deck. This condo is very close to town and RMNP.

Room Tip: Any condo is great
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

Once again we visited Estes Park to enjoy the mountains, wildlife and picture taking. Riverwood on Fall River has always and will continue to be my favorite place to stay. Clean, beautiful Condo's on the Fall River are equipped with EVERYTHING!!! Just bring your favorite steaks or burgers to cook on the grill, maybe a nice bottle of wine and enjoy the wildlife walking by. Always a fantastic time and look forward to my next visit. Hope you get a chance to experience Colorado at its finest!!!!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2016

We tried Riverwood this October as they had an opening when we planned to make our annual trip. Bonnie and Cheryl are both wonderful folks to deal with. When we lost gas in our condo, they had us in another unit in 30 minutes. The units are clean and well kept.

Room Tip: Unit 11 has plenty of room and both units had washer and dryer, full kitchen and hot tubs.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2016

I read all the reviews on TripAdvisor before choosing this location. I agree with many of the pluses and minuses mentioned by other guests. We stayed in unit #9 for 8 nights. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. The sound of the river is soothing, and had good fishing. The 2 story windows provided a great view. The office staff were very helpful with local advice. We did have some dissapointments though. Unit was not clean as it should be. We found food and broken glass on the floor. The carpet was dirty and worn. The living room furniture was worn and very uncomfortable. The shower floor had a low spot and held a puddle of water all the time. The mattress was the worst part of our stay. It was way past time for replacement. It was so soft we could hardly turnover. The televisions were very tiny. At times the traffic on the nearby highway was a distraction. Don't get me wrong, we did enjoy our time there, but we will not stay here again unless they fix the deficiencies on the inside of the unit.

Room Tip: I think the units closer to the river would be more desirable.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank deanoky
Reviewed 3 August 2016

My husband and I stayed in #4 from Friday-Tuesday and we couldn't have been happier with the accommodations. These are condo style units that are fully furnished and fully equipped with a full size fridge, stove, oven, and microwave, and there's a grill on the deck. Utensils and dinnerware for 6+ are also included. You literally have every piece of equipment you would need to bake a cake if you were so inclined. Added bonus is there is a washer dryer unit in the room.

The 1 bed unit is the same space as a 2 bed unit, they just close off and lock the additional bed room and bathroom, the unit, if rented as a 2 bedroom, would very comfortably accommodate 2 couples and each would get plenty of privacy. The living space is an open concept kitchen/living room/dining room, with a table that seats 6, large sofa and love seat, and coffee table.

I am a huge stickler for cleanliness, and I found the unit to be in really good shape. Either the carpet was new, or it was freshly cleaned, bathroom wasn't as new looking but appeared clean, the beds and sheets were clean and very comfortable.

Other nice things- the sound of the river rushing by at night is great to relax to, the grounds are peaceful, and the two managers were very friendly and helpful. We've never been to Colorado so the offered their advice on where to eat and what to see.

I wouldn't classify this as a negative, but since this isn't a hotel there isn't daily housekeeping. Towels will be changed out if requested and garbage emptied, but beds made, bathrooms cleaned daily doesn't happen. And for us, that was fine. We don't clean out bathroom, make our bed, change towels every day at home, so for us it was just one more thing that made me feel more comfortable and like I was at home. But if that's something that's really important to you consider yourself warned.

I would 100% recommend this place and if we make it back to Estes Park I'd stay again.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple