“Great holiday weekend!”

River Rock Cottages
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We have stayed at the river rock cottages twice and would highly recommend them. Our family is always very comfortable there,and the location is great. We will stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 December 2011

We stayed in Aspen cottage on Christmas Eve this year, and it was so great! The bed is amazingly comfortable (I napped on the couch which was equally comfortable!) I loved the "fireplace" heater, it made everthing so cozy! As always, Terry and Carolyn took great care of us, and we will definitely stay at River Rock again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2011

My boyfriend surprised me with this trip for our Christmas. He booked the "Diamond Cottage" for the two of us which is a 2 bedroom turn of the century cottage.
I am from Germany living in southern California so i was very excited to have a white Christmas again and the trip was well worth it.
As soon as we arrived, the owners of the place welcomed us and taught us about the history of the region. He told us about the Twin Owels and Beaver Mountain which we could be seen from our Cottage.
We went skiing and took a trip to the "Stanley Hotel" which apparently is haunted and in the evening we snuggeld in front of the Fireplace watching movies (comes with DVR Rentals) . We also got to know the Owners of this place very well, just a super sweet couple who cares very much.
And the Best ! My Boyfriend proposed to me on Christmas Eve.. wasn't his plan but it was sooo romantic he just couldnt resist! ;-)
Thank you Caroline and Terry for this great experience!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We recently spent one night in the Diamond Cottage and had a great time. My kids enjoyed the cottage and we found it to be clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. It was conveniently located near shopping and restaurants in Estes Park, as well as Rocky Mountain National Park. The only down side was that we only got to enjoy it for one night and we hope to return again sometime for a few days!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2011

Just had a wonderful weekend at the River Rock Cottages -- stayed at Fern Lake Cottage. It was immaculately clean, beds were very comfortable, kitchen was well-equipped. Location is great -- very reasonably priced for walkable to restaurants and shops. I was particularly impressed that about an hour after I checked out, the owner called to let me know that I had left my cell phone charger, and offered to ship it to me! Great experience -- would recommend for couples or families.

Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple