“Great combos of BBQ and Tempura”
Review of 101 Hawaiian B B Q

101 Hawaiian B B Q
Ranked #15 of 54 Restaurants in Crescent City
Reviewed 6 September 2017

This place has tasty Hawaiian BBQ and Tempura. The service is always quick. The food quantity is great for the price.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

Food very much like you get at the food trucks and small restaurants in the islands. It was good but pretty standard. The Kolbi ribs were pretty good and good size portions.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

I don't understand how such a joint can have such good reviews? This has nothing to do with Hawaiian bbq?? The owner is not friendly at all and the food is so so. Place and restroom were not clean. Stayed for 26 night this year on our US Tour and it was the worst place I ate, djeezes!

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

We saw this on Yelp and decided to check it out. The food was excellent and came with rice and macaroni salad. Maybe it's my southern roots, but macaroni salad usually contains more than just pasta and mayo. It was bland and I chose to only have a few bites. On the flip side that could be exactly what it was supposed to be. Prices were good and they were friendly.

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

This place is within walking distance of our hotel, so off hubby went to grab some dinner. As he describes, the second you walk in, it smells amazing!

So, I had the pineapple orange chicken. If I never eat anything else but this, I'm OK with that. It's absolutely amazing! The taste, the texture. Wowzers guys! So so good. Came with macaroni salad and rice. They were good. Nothing amazing. But good.

Hubby got the beef short ribs. That was a miss. They were very fatty, and super tough. The flavor is there. They taste great. But, there wasn't much that was edible on them.

I had the mango boba tea. Yum! Lots of flavor. Hubby had a Thai iced tea. Delish!

We got Portuguese donuts that were so amazing. Doughy. There isn't anything inside, but they're somehow, creamy. They're amazing.

Then the tiramisu. Yum! Not overly coffee flavored. But especially creamy. Very good.

Great meal. Kinda wish we lived closer now.

1  Thank Julie H