All reviews balcony room light house jetted tub battery point lighthouse third floor overlooking the ocean low tide free breakfast yogurt hot breakfast indoor pool staff was very friendly and helpful road trip fog horn balconies redwoods sauna
Reviewed 21 August 2018

Dirty, no housekeeping for 3 of 5 nights we stayed. Not enough workers......chair broken in room, we made our own beds, baloncy covered in bird poop (maybe one person could be on balcony without stepping in it), manager extremely nasty attitude (nothing is their fault and he doesn't care to discuss it!). The only good thing was the view of the ocean, but all faults out-weigh this plus. NEVER STAY HERE IF YOU WANT COMFORT AND PLEASURE. Don't swim in the pool unless you have a bacteria shot. It is full of crude and hair. Non-smoking facility, but lots of smokers allowed!

Room Tip: my tip is never stay here!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank rjdevore5
Reviewed 20 August 2018

We recently stayed at this facility and enjoyed our visit. Desk staff was friendly and room ready on arrival. We had a 3rd floor room overlooking the ocean. The air was fresh and it was nice to hear the roar of the waves on the beach and to hear in the distance a fog horn blowing. Good place to get a nice rest and away. Nearby lighthouse was also interesting with its light flashing every so many seconds. Free parking. No problems. Room very clean. Ask for a ocean view room when you make reservations..

Room Tip: Visit the nearby light house and take a walk on the B street pier.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

This is the most unprofessional staff I have ever encountered. Kenna & Julie, front desk receptionist, have attitudes and do not accommodate any requests. Xj “the manager” is extremely difficult to get a hold of and will hang up on you! I’m astonished that there is no accountability at this hotel. When I called back to talk to XJ, immediately after he hung up the phone, the front desk person said he left. My phone call was never returned. You will lose money by booking with them even through “bookings.com.” This unruly staff clearly does whatever they want and have no repercussions.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Cash K
Reviewed 13 August 2018

Red flags from the beginning, but everything was sold out, so we decided to take the chance. Turns out we can't review the room because they gave it away before we arrived. Upon arrival we were told our credit card was bad (no, it wasn't) and the owner said he called me (no record of missed calls, no voice messages.) No effort to help us find other lodging, no sense of 'sorry', or customer service. Disappointed, but it's in line with other reviews we've read, so we will count it as a blessing.

Room Tip: Best room is at any other motel.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WeatherBroker
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

I had dreaded our upcoming stay at this hotel due to the negative reviews I had read on here. I was prepared to not expect a warm welcome so the robotic check-in experience did not surprise me. In fact, when I had called a day ahead to confirm my reservation, the person actually yawned before answering my question. I didn’t hold this against her as she sounded pretty young.

However, after checking in my dread turned to relief. Yes, the hotel needs a little bit of love, but I have found many hotels on 101 seem to be in need of some sprucing up. There were areas where the carpet buckled, but it seemed clean. The beds were comfy, the bathroom clean and the view from the balcony was divine! Except for the noisy family with children next door, our stay was quiet and relaxing. We left in the morning with an adequate hot breakfast - boiled eggs, sausage and a spicy breakfast potato were offered in addition to the standard continental breakfast items.

Don’t be scared off by the negative reviews. It’s worth a stay if you want to sleep near the ocean!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple