“Not interested!”

Victoria Station Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Putnam
Reviewed 21 September 2017

We passed this cafe four times, and the chalkboard sign saying that their homemade ice cream was made fresh daily enticed us. Especially, since the weather was warm (almost hot), and we like ice cream.

One day (9/19) we decided to stop in and get some of this ice cream. We had never been here before, but the place is lovely, both the inside, and the outside flower bedecked patio. When we entered, we looked around for the ice cream flavor menu, as all their menus are on the wall. We did not see it, walked around the counter, and glanced everywhere. All this time, there were 4-6 employees standing around chatting. I went up to them, and nobody even looked in my direction. Finally, I said, "Excuse me.....". I asked about the menu, and it seems it had not been placed in a visible spot.

However, since they were not interested in being helpful, we were no longer interested in their ice cream.

2  Thank NYU62

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Very cool place reminds me of internet cafe excellent coffee and pastry goods seating area is small and quaint great place for coffee and a chat with friends good to visit after eating at local restaurants for coffee and dessert

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I take my mother in law here almost every week to enjoy an awesome cup of coffee/ latte and to enjoy a dessert and people watch. She loves it. For the prices we should be waited at table. My only complaint. But everything is delicious. It is a nice location.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Excellent place to stop by and get coffee. Always pleasant staff and an incredible interior that represents Putnam's historical past of antiquing well!

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

First visit. Friendly staff. Asked almost immediately if we wanted to sample any of the flavors. I had "PB cup" and my fiancé had "maple walnut". PB was perfect with appropriate small PB cup pieces but the maple walnut was "grainy" with few walnuts. Maybe an off day for the maple walnut. We would go back and try again!! Overall very happy!!