“Beautiful Coffee Shop”

Victoria Station Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Putnam
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Excellent place to stop by and get coffee. Always pleasant staff and an incredible interior that represents Putnam's historical past of antiquing well!

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

First visit. Friendly staff. Asked almost immediately if we wanted to sample any of the flavors. I had "PB cup" and my fiancé had "maple walnut". PB was perfect with appropriate small PB cup pieces but the maple walnut was "grainy" with few walnuts. Maybe an off day for the maple walnut. We would go back and try again!! Overall very happy!!

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Go with your sweet tooth and coffee love! Wonderful old school coffee house with quirky architecture. We love getting a caramel macchiato in a mug with a design swirl, and picking out a sweet dessert. My favorite is the eclair, mmm.... Check it out, you will love it!

Reviewed 18 July 2017

This place has some of the best desserts I've eaten. I love the raspberry or blueberry cheese squares (not the exact name but they'll know). The coffee is very good as well. They feature homemade ice cream and have recently added breakfast and lunch items. The atmosphere is unique with some sofas and stuffed chairs, but also booths and tables. There are several levels to the dining area. After ordering and getting your treats at the counter you can sit in quiet corner, people watch from the loft space, or lounge in a big comfy chair. There is a small counter at the ice cream bar, too. This is a warm, friendly, often busy place to enjoy fabulous desserts. I imagine the rest of the menu is just as good. I'm looking forward to trying lunch and breakfast soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

I met a friend at Victoria Station Cafe recently. It was a lovely day, and we were able to enjoy our beverages and food sitting outside. Victoria Station is nicely decorated inside and out. They offer a large variety of coffees, teas, chai and chocolate drinks. They also serve beautiful pastries, muffins, scones and also quiches, soups/chilis and sandwiches. Ice cream has recently been added and though I've never tried it I've heard only good things. Everything I tried there has been very good.

As I live in northeast Connecticut, I would love to love Victoria Station more. They have done a wonderful job at revitalizing the space and the menu. The bottom line for me is their prices are just too high, to the point I felt ripped-off the last time I was there. I am not just being thrifty; I like to splurge on food of great quality. I do not foresee another stop there for some time.