“Great find in Putnan”

Ranked #3 of 51 Restaurants in Putnam
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Deli
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Features small plates, a seasonal menu, innovative cuisine, desserts, full bar with signature cocktails. Also has a gluten-free menu. Come visit us!
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

We were in northeastern Connecticut for the annual craft fair in Woodstock and hungry for lunch after shopping all morning. Luckily, I consulted Trip Advisor and found not one but two new restaurants in Putnam that none of us had experienced. We decided on Jessica Tuesdays located on Main Street, right next to The Crossing. We were seated outside as all inside tables were taken. We got a table next to the fire pit. There was also a bar and several people in a large party and several other diners. Soon the restaurant was filled to capacity. The menu had several selections and a page of daily specials. I tried the pumpkin soup on special and so did mom. It was creamy and delicious. I had the fig, arugula, and butternut squash risotto which was cooked expertly and so satisfying. Mom had the coconut shrimp which came with five shrimp that she enjoyed. Our friend had the homemade ravioli filled with pesto which she adored. I also tried the special blackberry sangria which was very tasty. We are so happy we found Jessica Tuesday's.

Jessica J, Owner at Jessica Tuesday's, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Our lead server was so excited to read this and knew exactly who you were. Thank you for the great review, and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Twice now I've joined friends here for lunch on the outside patio. It's a lovely area, mostly shaded from the summer sun along side the train tracks (I was hoping a train would come by while we were there). I had a delicious and fresh large salad while my two friends had 1/2 a sandwich with a salad. The raspberry ice tea was cold and refreshing. Staff were friendly and attentive when they needed to be and let the three of us catch up as we lingered longer during that summer afternoon. I look forward to eating here again.

Jessica J, Owner at Jessica Tuesday's, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Thank you so much!!! We look forward to seeing you soon and appreciate the great feedback.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Had lunch brought in for a work event. Due to budgets opted for wrap platter, Cesar salad and cookies. Mixed wraps were fine. Too much mayonnaise for my taste. Salad was great. Very fresh. The cookies were delicious

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Stepping into Jessica Tuesdays, I knew I was in for a treat. The Ambiance took hold of my senses. The staff person who first waited on us, Vanessa, was in training, however she was filled with genuine enthusiasm and a willing spirit. What she didn’t know -she got us the answers. More than that she did not rush us even though that was the end of her shift.
Rachael took over, and the same enthusiasm and willing spirit was apparent. The Food was not a disappointment. I ordered the PuPu Platter, and my husband the Ransom Note. Jessica Tuesdays food truly delicious, and fresh.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

While looking for a place to dine on a recent Thursday evening, we decided to check out the menu at Jessica Tuesdays. We were pleasantly surprised to see the tapas-style menu with interesting dishes meant for sharing. We were seated outdoors--a beautiful stone patio area with a nice bar. There was also a set up for 4 people to enjoy drinks and bites around a fire pit. Our server was excellent--professional and friendly. We decided to start with 2 dishes to share--a wonderful heirloom tomato and beet salad and the crabcakes with roasted corn salad. Normally, tapas would be small plates, but the servings here are quite generous! Not a bad thing, just different from what we are used to for "small plates!" haha! Both dishes were beautifully arranged and delicious. My husband had room for the buffalo sliders, so we also ordered those. The size of this dish was perfect--a pair of 2 ½" medium rare buffalo burgers with cheddar and applewood smoked bacon. They were terrific! We observed some of the other dishes being served to other diners, and I wanted to try all of them! Many people were not sharing their dishes, but had the "small plate" as their meal. It's no problem either way! There were about a dozen bottled/canned beer selections (which should be tweaked IMHO to offer more craft brews). Acceptable wine list, and the drinks menu was creative. I had a classic Moscow Mule which was made perfectly and served in the expected copper mug. We really enjoyed the pleasant evening and look forward to our next dinner there soon. It's our new favorite place in Putnam!