All reviews front desk choice privileges choice hotels sitting area sleeper sofa the breakfast area room was clean sandia casino would stay here again nice place to stay great room staff was very friendly and helpful stayed nights upon check living room balloon fiesta third floor
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed here on our last night in New Mexico, arriving Saturday afternoon, and leaving the next day, despite the two night minimum reservation requirements.

The cost of the room is normally $77 nightly for a Saturday. Our cost on Saturday October 6 was $207 before taxes, as it was the first night of the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta. All the hotels in the area raise their prices through the roof during the fiesta.

Hotel is located on a hill, with plenty of free parking, with Homewood suites and Hilton Garden across the busy four lane street. It is three stories, with colors in the brown tones, with small windows and rectangular surfaces.

We checked in at 4pm, although we may have been able to check in as early as 130pm. Got a lot of helpful advice from the front desk, to my questions about getting to the fiesta.

We got a room right next to elevator on the third floor, which was OK with me, as we were dead tired, getting up at 4am (3pm PST) in Santa Fe that morning, in an unsuccessful effort to drive 56 miles to the 7am balloon launch.

Room was 11' x 27' or 297 square feet, with a comfortable king size bed, 39" flat screen TV, mini refrigerator, microwave, free but slow wifi, sofa with ottoman, good sized bathroom with bath tub stopper. You will be surprised how many hotel bathtubs have no drain stopper.

Sitting chair by the single window, which opened to the buzz of the freeway 200 yards away.

No partition between the bed area and the sofa area.

People in the parking lot were able to watch the fireworks from the fiesta that evening.

We walked across the street to Cracker Barrel Old Country Store restaurant, while Dennys was just down the street, and Blake's Lottaburger a half mile up the hill.

They have two PCs in the lobby for guest use, with better wifi connections than in the rooms.

Sunday 330am we were up to eat the special complimentary fiesta breakfast of sausage and egg burritos.

Left the hotel at 4am Sunday. Tried the most direct route to the show, 4 miles away, but all roads from the south blocked off, with traffic directed way to the west on Paseo de Norte, to highway 45 to Alameda Blvd NE, approximately 15 miles.

Came back at 9am, to eat the complimentary complete hot breakfast, including eggs, sausage, hot biscuits and gravy, waffles, fruits, pastries, yogurt.

Comfort Inn & Suites North is up the freeway two exits, and 2 miles from the Balloon Fiesta, the closest hotel to the park, and just walkable. A bit of a tradeoff, as that hotel is in an sketchy industrial zone, and doesn't have the suites like this hotel. It is what it is.

The name of this hotel is misleading. Wife picked this hotel named Comfort Suites North Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta Park on the web site, as she thought it was next to the Balloon Fiesta Park, which is 4 miles away. Driving to the park during the Balloon Fiesta with traffic controls is more like a 15 mile drive, as all streets south of the park are closed to vehicle entry.

Marketing ploy by management, and we fell for it hook, line and sinker!

Room Tip: as high as possible. Not within walking distance of the Balloon Fiesta
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2018

Wow, The rooms were great and very clean. I loved the bed and slept like a baby. The staff was friendly. They offer a very good breakfast which is included with your stay.
Great bang for your dollar. I will stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2018

We stayed 2 nights here and enjoyed our stay very much. Nathaniel and Hector were very hospitable and kind. The room was huge! Very clean. we very much would stay again if we are in Albuquerque. Thanks for the warm hospitality!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
ComfortSuitesABQ, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your stay at our hotel. We appreciate the positive feedback and have shared it with my staff. We hope to see you the next time you are in Albuquerque. Thank you again for your business and time.

Kind Regards,
Management Team

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Room was clean and updated. Food was good with some verity (omelets, biscuits & gravy, waffles, rolls, muffins, cereal, etc.). However, the handicap room was a little to narrow for my wife's wheelchair to maneuver easily.
Staff was friendly and were helpful

Room Tip: look at accessible room to assure your wheelchair will maneuver okay
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
ComfortSuitesABQ, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for completing our online survey regarding your stay. We are happy to hear you had a good stay. Our free hot breakfast offers many options for all. I'm sorry to hear the handicap room was a bit too cozy for your wife's wheel chair. Your feedback is important to us and we will use this information to make improvements. Thank you again for your business and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Best Regards,
Management Team

Reviewed 18 July 2018

One of the reasons I picked this place it claims it is a smoke free hotel and since I am very allergic to tobacco smoke that is a biggie for me. The hotel is smoke free but they allow smoking directly outside of the main entry doors so to check in you have to walk thru a cloud of smoke. when I mentioned this to a staff member there response was that people could use one of the side doors.
The second issue is I reserved a ADA accessible room but when I checked in I was told I had a regular room and that the hotel only looks at the reservations the morning of the reservation and then assigns rooms that morning and that morning all of the ADA rooms had already been filled by the motel. My two choices were to take a regular room or get a refund.
So bottom line if you do not like tobacco smoke be prepared to use one of the side doors not the covered main entry and if your requesting ADA room you might get you might not.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple