All reviews old town convention center free shuttle downtown area central ave waffles free breakfast an older hotel flat screen tv waffle maker shuttle service santa fe fridge and microwave airport shuttle directv razor cereal
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Hotel Blue during the balloon fiesta. When we arrived my first impression wasn’t optimistic, but upon my check in the staff was very friendly! The parking lot is secured with a fence and they were very efficient in making sure all cars had space in the lot. The room was clean, although a little dated. It had 2 queen beds, mini frig, flat screen tv, and spacious closet. The beds were the very best I have EVER slept in at a hotel. AMAZING! On that fact alone I would stay there again. They offered a generous breakfast buffet and accommodated the early rising of balloon Fiesta attendees. From waffles,eggs, sausage, bacon to cereals bagels toast and fruit. The buffet offered something for everyone. The hotel is located next to a small park. On Saturday’s the park turned into a farmers market with DELECTABLE foods, produce, and handmade products. Don’t miss that!! I would recommend this hotel. I enjoyed my stay!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

I picked this place cause it had good reviews and was a good price. When we checked in the man was very nice. I realize this is downtown and the locals were out in full force. It has a locked gate, which is great. But the signs say "not responsible for damage to cars in lot". That was my 2nd clue we were in a shady area. During the evening hours we watched the locals get loud at the park next to the hotel. We got to watch the locals buy, sell, and use drugs from our room. Then around midnight or so the police came to break up the loitering with some lights and a little siren. Which seemed to help.
Overall my room was clean. The bed was super comfortable, pillows great. The hotel staff was nice. There were people utilizing the pool. I'm sure the breakfast would have been great but we didn't want to stick around longer than we needed to before moving on to our next stop.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DayTrip729604
Reviewed 5 September 2017

I was in town for a trade show at the convention center, and since the closer hotels were all booked up, this seemed like the next closest option. The rates were good, the location was good (aside from walking back after dark) and the bed was comfortable. I was also pleased to see multiple HBO channels offered so I could watch Game of Thrones while I was there. The complimentary breakfast was helpful in the morning - cereal, coffee, muffins and hot entrees as well.

The airport shuttle was great when I arrived to New Mexico, but I had an early flight out and the shuttle service didn't start until 7:00 am. It was a bit noisy during some of the evenings as a lot of cars were revving their engines and rumbling down Central Ave. The pool did not look very inviting.

It was a fine hotel - I might try to be closer to the conference next time, but this definitely was workable.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

We were passing through Albuquerque and needed a place to stay for the night. We found The Hotel Blue, which had good reviews on Trip Advisor, so we gave it a try. The front desk guy was very nice and helpful with parking. The lot was full so we had to park on the street. The desk guy assured us our vehicle would be fine parked on the street...and it was! Our room was clean (and quiet) and had all the basics needed for an overnight stay. Nice little assortment of amenities...toothbrush, toothpaste and razor are provided. Shower water was hot and stayed that way! Breakfast was plentiful, consisting of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, waffle maker, juices and a variety of cereals and muffins/breads. The Hotel Blue is an older hotel, but the owners are obviously making updates without losing the old school style of the exterior. We weren't there long enough to enjoy the pool, but the pool area was clean and the water nice and clear.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Good hotel for the price. However, they did not honor the original price booked at. The rate went up $20 when checking out! The price was even confirmed at check in. Get a price documented while checking in at this hotel!
Be weary.