“Wonderful lunch location”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

We stopped at this restaurant not knowing it was part of a chain. Service was lovely, food delicious and well priced. They were offering Thanksgiving dinner on the Thursday after our stop, and the menu was terrific. Nice place for any meal.

Reviewed 28 November 2017

One of our guests has a nut allergy. Servers as well as kitchen staff had extremely hard time accommodating this request. Service was extremely slow and food just ok. Would not return to this restaurant.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Service was slow and inexpert; servings scanty and cold. I can understand being careful with proteins, but surely the kitchen can add some extra steamed broccoli to a shared entree?

Not a place I would recommend to visitors, unfortunately.

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Good food and friendly service. Took a little long to get our food, but it was worth it. Restaurant was clean and seemed updated. Would visit again!

Reviewed 13 November 2017

I do not have occasion to travel much, and when I heard that ABQ had a Mimi's Cafe, I was thrilled. I had not been to a location myself personally, but had heard of the place's reputation from others (including the fabled pineapple upside-down muffins which unfortunately we did not get to try). I went there for Veteran's Day where they offered a free meal, and returned the next day to pick off where we left off! They serve breakfast all day (at least at this location) - which is amazing and all too uncommon for restuarants. Now it is a dining experience I will look forward to and hope that this quality chain will spread its delicious food to more cities across the country.

As a side note, there is another popular french chain La Madeleine who seems to be in the discussion when speaking of french cafe cuisine. As there is a location near my home, and their food is very good, I have been there a number of times. I must say I prefer the concept of Mimi's and feel that they offer a better experience for my family.

Service: 5/5
First day, service started at the host stand. There was not someone there initially, which is fine, and we were greeted by the host almost instantly. While he prepared our table, we were greeted continually by different employees offering to help and seat us. I have rarely seen this “on the ball” welcoming at many establishments. Additionally, after being seated and a server claimed our table and left for drinks, the next server having not been in the room at the time and thinking we had not been attended to, came by to offer her services to make sure that we were. Servers both days were friendly, offered menu suggestions and were highly attentive to our table. As we like to give recognition to things that are done well or exceptional, we mentioned to management our highly positive service experience.

Food: 5/5
I would describe the food as “french-based home cooking.” It feels like home when we ate here. Not that we can cook this food as well as they do here, it feels comfortable, almost like a hometown diner where you take your family and know the staff. We had a little bit of everything and shared our meals with one another to get a taste of everything. The selection of meals and sides seems to be “just right” as we found ourselves to be in an inner-struggle on what to decide. There is a variety in its simplicity, with food offerings and particularly the sides you will not see offered at more notable mainstream restaurants. Also the complimentary bread that comes with the meal is very nice. The baguette has a light but great flavor – it gives white bread a good name unlike that offered by many other establishments. But the little muffin bites (carrot raisin) were my weakness; I would have loved some cream cheese or cream cheese whip glaze, but then again I may not have had room for my meal if that had been the case.

Value: 5/5
The prices are reasonable for the size of the food portions. The prices are also in range for a family to come and eat and not have to feel bad about spending a little extra for the quality.

Atmosphere: 5/5
[Note: I have always considered Atmosphere to be one of the least important aspects. As long as the place is not a "dump" and makes a real effort to stay clean, I am happy. However, my rating is objective and not contingent on this note.]

As stated in the note, atmosphere is not that important to me. But there is an overall experience here that makes my family comfortable. It feels like home when we ate here. If we were able to eat here more often it might be our other home.