“Nice hotel with good amenities!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa
Ranked #26 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Embassy Suites in Albuquerque for a Valentine's Day getaway. I saw on their website that you had to be a minimum age (21, I think) to check in and since it is a "spa" type hotel, we thought it would be romantic but functional.

I am a big fan of Embassy Suites because of the size of the rooms and the amenities offered for the price. The cooked-to-order breakfast setup was a bit different than I have seen in other Embassy Suites, but the food (as usual) was hot and fresh. They had a good selection of breakfast items, including typical "continental" breakfast items like cereals, toast, bagels, fruit, etc. as well as hot items like eggs, pancakes, oatmeal, hash browns, biscuits, gravy, etc. Just keep in mind that you have to go to the "cooked to order" line to get any meats like bacon or sausage or a cooked to order omelet. The evening manager's reception was better staffed than ones I've seen previously, but I was a bit disappointed in the selection of snacks. All that was offered was salsa and chips. I would have liked more selection as well as a bowl to put the salsa and chips in rather than just on plates. It was a little awkward to try to eat salsa off of a plate.

The first room we went into smelled like smoke, though we were assured that all rooms are non-smoking. This room was directly over the smoking area outside, so I believe that is why it smelled of smoke. However, as soon as we called the desk to report the problem, we were quickly and courteously moved to another room (which smelled very clean). The room was large and spacious. The bed was very comfortable with very soft sheets. It was nice to have a separate living area to spend time in and eat a couple of meals in.

The decor of the hotel was southwestern, which is a nice touch while in Albuquerque. It really made you feel like you are in the southwest. We did not get the chance to try out the pool, but it looked nice and had a separate hot tub area.

My only complaint is that there were several large high school groups there with lots of teenagers running around and being noisy. I normally don't mind this, but I was under the impression that this was supposed to be more of a spa/romantic getaway and less of a bargain hotel for large groups, so I was disappointed in that.

However, overall, I really enjoyed this hotel and think it is well worth the money. It is also in a good location to explore Albuquerque, especially Old Town.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
EmbassyABQ, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2012

I hope you were able to enjoy your Valentine’s Day getaway at the Embassy Suites Hotel and Spa Albuquerque. Our hotel does cater to many different demographics- families, business travelers, couples and more. I am sorry your stay did not work out the way you had planned.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

I absolutely enjoyed the stay here. Parking is convenient as was check-in. There was a reception with chips, salsa, and delicious cheese. Complimentary, cocktails and other beverages were available. The room had two separate areas: one has a couch, kitchenette, tv, and the other has the beds, closet, and another tv. The bathroom is spacious. Breakfast had plenty of options and was great. There is a restaurant and coffee shop inside the hotel.
I ordered from the restaurant. They had plenty of options, portions were large, It was delicious and a great price.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
EmbassyABQ, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Albuquerque - Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2012

Thank you for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope you come back soon.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in November. It's up on a bluff above the downtown. I enjoyed my large suite despite having it all to myself on my business trip. The free breakfast was excellent with cooked-to-order omelets. The manager's reception (free beer and wine at 5pm) was a nice bonus.

The only downside was the internet charges - $10/day for wifi. I made the mistake of using my laptop and my phone both, and they double charged me, but they were really nice about it and took the second charge off. However, I learned that it is their policy to charge for each device, so I'll be more careful next time.

The restaurant in the hotel was ok for dinner but it was on the expensive side and nothing special - much better to head out for some authentic New Mexican food.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank richie86

Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites for your business trip. Hopefully next time you come to visit is for pleasure. I hope you were able to enjoy everything our hotel has to offer. For your convenience the hotel does offer complimentary internet in the lobby and atrium.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Stayed one night while traveling. Easy to find, seems to very new, very clean. The staff was very friendly, especially Liz who we talked briefly to during the managers reception. We'll visit on our way back next year !

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

I can agree; Embassy Suites Albuquerque has very friendly staff. I am glad you were able to interact with some of our associates and experience that first hand. See you next year.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

The hotel is very nice and the rooms are well kept.
The staff is friendly and the restaurant is above par for a Embassy Suites.
The only down side is that the internet was very slow during my stay

You cannot go wrong staying here

Room Tip: They are all good