“Nice spot, yummy muffins!”

Lindy's American Cafe
Ranked #824 of 1,827 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

I've past by the restaurant many times and stopped in for the first time this morning. I ordered bacon and eggs (hash browns too). My son got a club sandwich. Everything was very tasty. Complimentary blueberry muffins were given to us while we waited. The only items I felt needed work were the toast and friendliness of the staff. The toast was Texas toast, which I don't care for. The staff really wasn't friendly either. I might go back but not in a hurry to do so.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

The food and service here are nothing to write home about. What makes the place interesting is the Route 66 history.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

We stopped for lunch before attending a play at the KiMo. What should have been easy selections to serve took 45 minutes while other patrons who ,came in after we did, ordered, were served and left. We waited and waited. The server was unapologetic. Once the food arrived it was tasty but couldn't be fully enjoyed due to time constraints. We will not return.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

Whether you want burgers, sandwiches or Mexican/New Mexican dishes in a casual, comfortable atmosphere (with no loud music or TV blaring) in downtown Albuquerque, this cafe is the spot to go. It has been around for a long time - for good reason. Their chili, both red and green, is yummy and their burgers are great. They serve lots of other menu items, but these are my favorites.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

My wife and I had attended the Woman's March and stooped at Lindy's for a bite after we left. We ordered hamburgers and an order of fries. The hamburgers were great--almost more than either of us could finish. Next time we will skip the fries although they were fine.

As the Woman's March broke up, the place completely filled and pretty much overwhelmed the waitstaff. But such is life. Our waitress could not have been nicer.