“Great little cafe in the heart of downtown Albuquerque,”

Lindy's American Cafe
Ranked #555 of 1,967 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Reviewed 6 February 2017

Whether you want burgers, sandwiches or Mexican/New Mexican dishes in a casual, comfortable atmosphere (with no loud music or TV blaring) in downtown Albuquerque, this cafe is the spot to go. It has been around for a long time - for good reason. Their chili, both red and green, is yummy and their burgers are great. They serve lots of other menu items, but these are my favorites.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

My wife and I had attended the Woman's March and stooped at Lindy's for a bite after we left. We ordered hamburgers and an order of fries. The hamburgers were great--almost more than either of us could finish. Next time we will skip the fries although they were fine.

As the Woman's March broke up, the place completely filled and pretty much overwhelmed the waitstaff. But such is life. Our waitress could not have been nicer.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

Stopped in in the mid-afternoon after getting to town on a mid-day flight. This is about as laid back of a place as you can find. No one was in a hurry and service was inattentive. This wasn't a problem as I had nothing else on my schedule for the afternoon but could otherwise be a definite turn off.

The food though was outstanding. I ordered up a green chile burger with just enough heat to it cooked just right. It's certainly worth a stop in if you aren't in a hurry to get anywhere. Quirky decor and a relaxed feel.

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

Visited midday and the service was terrible. There were only about 5 of us in the restaurant but the three employees huddled down at the end of the bar talking and messing with their phones. We sat at the bar and one employee walked past us no less than seven times (he had to pass us to get to where his phone was charging that he kept checking on). NOT ONCE did he say you still ok? need anything? TAKE YOUR EMPLOYEES PHONES AWAY WHILE THEY ARE ON THE CLOCK PLEASE! It was good my husband paid because I would not have left a tip and would not recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

This Albuquerque institution was established in 1929 and has been providing continual service to the "mother road" Route 66...They serve breakfast anytime plus appetizers, classic dinners, burgers/sandwiches and Mexican dishes; They have a small Greek selection of the traditional megali salata, gyro, or souvlaki.
Our group sat at tables put together towards the back of the restaurant to discuss the events of the week and how best to our community...!