“Home cooking”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Garcia's has good, consistent New Mexican food. I usually eat too much of their chips and salsa, but their chile is great and I always feel like I had lunch at my neighbor's New Mexican grandmother (Abuela).
I'm Anglo and my grandmothers never cooked food this good. Just sayin.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

I was very impressed with the food that I had at this restaurant. I ordered the Chile Rellenos. The batter and the chile was very traditional to the with that of my family's. The chile sauce was spicy enough but not so spicy that it took away from the taste of the food.

The staff were very friendly and made me feel at home. I only which that I could make a weekly trip there, but it a bit far from California.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

At the original location of this local, family-owned and run chain, the atmosphere and service are congenial; and New Mexican specialties, such as stuffed sopapillas and blue corn enchiladas, figure prominently. At $7.75, the selection of special plates featured every weekday are a particular bargain. We found our brisket tacos tasty, and our friend declared her mixed beef and chicken fajitas yummy and more than ample. A couple of caveats: at least on the night we visited, the fresh jalapenos were exceptionally fire-y, and small bits of them were in everything, even the guacamole. As a result, even the dishes that our server assured us were "not hot" were. And the wine-based margaritas were flat-out awful. Our advice: stick to the decent selection of bottled beers or order a soft drink.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We were here a few years ago. Came back for dinner. Food was good. Service amazingly fast. No worries here!

Reviewed 30 August 2017

We visited this location based on a recommendation for authentic New Mexican food. This location did not disappoint. The food was amazing and the service was beyond wonderful. My son ordered the green Chile with his food and it was too hot for him to eat. I asked to order something else, which I was more than happy to pay for but the server insisted we didn't pay and provide my son with a different dish at no charge. She said she wanted to make sure he was happy and got something to eat. How amazing is that?! Also, their horchata was fantastic!! I would recommend this location to anyone visiting the area. I can't wait to go back!