“Might be the Best Green Chile in New Mexico!”

Monroe's Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 1,920 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Delicious,authentic New Mexican Food served by our unique team concept waiting style. Family owned since 1962. Come check us out in the Northeast Heights as well: WE HAVE ANOTHER LOCATION at 6051 Osuna Rd. NE Albuquerque, NM!!!
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Walking in the door, another customer gushed about how everything at Monroe’s is great - based on their green chile stew, I believe her! After being gone for a few years, the first thing I wanted upon returning to New Mexico was the best green chile I could find. Monroe’s sells it all on its own with a couple of fresh tortillas, and its the best green chile I’ve ever had. The smokey, tangy stew was just spice enough, with lots of roasted pork. I wanted more as soon as I finished! I can’t wait to go back.

Matthew D, General Manager at Monroe's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

George, thank you for making us a stop on your return to New Mexico and I am glad our green chile stewed left you smiling. Safe travels and we will see you again.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

My wife's Kids were raised going here and we brought the now grown son back yesterday with his 2 children. Everyone loved it and I had the best Chile Relleno's ever, with the tasty and crispy fried outer layer.
Excellent, friendly service topped off a great meal. !!

Matthew D, General Manager at Monroe's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Thank you and we are glad you got to return. Have a great week and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner on our way through to California. Solid food, quick customer service (all of the waitstaff check on you, not just your waiter), and it seems to be popular among the locals. They even gave our baby a Monroe’s shirt and we got a picture with the owner. Cute keepsake!

Thank you all for making us a stop on your journey. Safe travels and we hope to get a chance to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

This places was so tasty. Everything I ate was delicious, I tried a lot with our big group. We did have a decent sized group (8people) and we were able to get right in and get a table together. I would definitely recommend going here. Service was great, he was super friendly. He was a little slow waiting on us, but I am from NY so my time is different that what is expected in this area, that is why it is still 5 stars.

Hillary, thak you for stopping in with your group and for taking time to leave a 5 star review. Safe travels and we hope to see you again if pass through town.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Apparently there are two Monroe restaurants. We always go to the one on Lomas. It’s a very down home atmosphere, nothing fancy.
The food is superb with a nice menu selection. The servers are always friendly and on top of things.
I much prefer the food here over some of the more fancy New Mexican food establishments.

Thank you for your return business and for being a part of the Monroe's family. We look forward to seeing you soon. Have a blessed week.