“Fragrance-free At Last”

TownePlace Suites Albuquerque North
Ranked #34 of 143 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed 22 January 2017

The Marriott TownePlace Suites – Albuquerque North understands that business travelers need a well lighted workspace, a comfortable office chair, and a desk with multiple heights. The roll out second desk is pure genius. In addition, a fully-equipped kitchen allows me to prepare food that is much healthier for me and saves me the agony of finding a place to eat night after night while on the road. The Wi-Fi is free, fast, and easy to log in to. The staff is quick to remember names and needs. Lewis at the front desk is like having an assistant that you trust implicitly to help you manage in an unfamiliar city.

But for me, the single most important thing about the townePlace Suites – Albuquerque North is the indoor air quality. Cleaning products, even natural fragrances in cleaning products, particularly in air fresheners, form formaldehyde and dangerous fine particles indoors. I happen to be particularly sensitive to this and have trouble finding fragrance free hotels. The absence of these in this hotel is proof that they have nothing to cover up. I sure sign of a clean hotel! When I had a chance to discuss my needs with Romy Webb, the Executive Housekeeper, I was astounded to learn that she would personally ensure my room would be clean and fragrance free on every future visit.

This hotel would be well above my price range on a personal level, but I would gladly pay it to stay is a place that allowed me to remain healthy while on the road.

Room Tip: Rooms facing west have an awesome view at sunset!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank TheRefreshments
Carrissa V, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albuquerque North, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words. We take extreme pride in offering a comfortable feel for our guests that are visiting with us, and are so happy that we were able to provide that for you. We have several guest that request a chemical-free but clean room, and we are always happy to oblige. Please, feel free to contact us directly before your next stay with us, and we will have everything prepped and ready to go for your arrival.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 1 December 2016

The two bedroom suite was very comfortable and affordable. New hotel with plenty of restaurants nearby. It is great that Marriott once again allows you to connect your ipad to the TV via HDMI connections!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TheGoBird
Reviewed 14 October 2016

My wife and I have visited the balloon fiesta several times and for some unknown reason, we have always stayed near Albuquerque Old Town. Well, those days are gone for us, and instead we will stay near the balloon park. Why??? DUH....it's closer.
This beautiful hotel is only about 10 minutes away from the balloon park....it was lots easier to take the Interstate north to Tramway and exit. Even with lots and lots of traffic, it was very manageable, as long as you don't get in a hurry. Just go early!
Even if you don't visit the balloon park you will likely be treated to several balloons landing in close proximity to the hotel. The morning we were there one balloon landed in an adjacent parking lot. Lots of fun.
And did I forget to mention the breakfast? Very good food served in a clean and neat atmosphere.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Randy S
Carrissa V, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albuquerque North, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2016

Thank you so much for your review. We are very pleased to hear that you have found a new place to stay during our Balloon Fiesta! We are lucky to have a great location near the event, and it is always a treat when the wind brings the balloons our way, so that we all can enjoy the sights!

We look forward to your next visit with us, and thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

My wife and I were visiting for the Balloon Fiesta when we stayed here. Great location near a lot of food. Though it is near the freeway you can not hear it inside which is a plus. Friendly staff and a very good make your own breakfast in the mornings. Will stay here again if we return to Albuquerque.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Steven M
Carrissa V, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albuquerque North, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2016

Thank you for your response. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us over the International Balloon Fiesta weekend. We pride ourselves on offering superior service and true hospitality to everyone, but especially during such a special event in the city. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

Excellent place to stay. Hotel staff are very polite, informative and even go the extra step for you. The hotel is very well maintained....from a very clean lobby to very clean rooms. Well kept furniture The complimentary breakfast bar was great. Fresh fruits, waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage...the selection is great. Hotel is also located near many restaurants. I would recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank LisaJo A
Carrissa V, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albuquerque North, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2016

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Cleanliness and great service are something we take great pride in, and are glad that you appreciated all we have to offer. Hope to see you soon!