“Very nice RV park”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Albuquerque
Albuquerque KOA Journey
Reviewed 30 November 2015

The sites are a bit less 'private' at this KOA, however it is kept very well, clean and friendly. We stopped for one night on Route 66 and was a handy stop point before heading to Santa Fe. We opted for a Luxury Patio site as we like our space and it didn't disappoint, just could have been made a bit more private with some bushes or trees, but would still recommend

Room Tip: You get what you pay for ... the Deluxe sites are worth the extra cost
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 November 2015 via mobile

This is our 4th stay at this KOA. We pay for the upgraded sites and it's worth the extra few dollars. These sites are close to dog area and the showers. Easy access and great sites. We are always happy with our stay here. And dogs love the dog area! We will be back!!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 November 2015 via mobile

This is a cute little urban KOA that has two things we really love in campgrounds: a very nice hot tub and a fenced off-leash dog park, several of them in fact. The other clientele were nice folks, other travelers like ourselves. The front desk lady couldn't have been nicer, she was really sweet. You can book a stay here with confidence.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2015

This is a very clean, well managed KOA. Easy access off the Hwy 40. Spaces are well spaced. I didn't feel too close to neighbor. We didn't use any of the facilities. Quiet. Some reviews said sketchy neighborhood, but I do not agree. Nice dog park, but poorly placed far away from campsites. I do not recommend tents because of freeway noise, and they would be on asphalt.

Room Tip: Asked to be placed away from freeway to reduce noise.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2015

I’m a KOA Member and have been staying at a number of Kampgrounds this summer as my wife and I travel around the US and Canada. We have been very pleased with KOA throughout our journey, however our stay on 9-10-15 at the Albuquerque – Central KOA was atrocious.

I’m not sure who the genius was who decided to put a Kampground immediately abutting I-40, which is one of the busiest east to west corridors in the country, and in a heavily urban area to boot. The same person must have also thought that putting all of the tent sites closest to the busy and loud interstate was also a great idea (in contrast the RV hook ups are closer to Skyline Dr. where the road noise is reduced). Lastly, they also put the tent sites right under a brightly lit neon billboard sign on the highway. Suffice it to say we barely slept a wink due to the intensely loud road noise and bright light flooding our tent. Next time instead of shelling out $35 bucks for a tent site at a KOA I’ll probably just pitch my tent along the roadside as I’d probably get a similar night’s sleep.

Also, in all of the KOAs we’ve visited none of them charge $1.50 as the minimum to dry one’s laundry. Everyone else charges the more reasonable .50 cents for the first 20 minutes and then you can add time as needed. I mention that as we did a wash and had .75 cents for the drying and then realized that wasn’t enough which left us with a wet sack of clothes we had to store in the car overnight and then carry with us all day until we got to our hotel room.

This KOA also has a very complex Wifi Coupon system which requires the guest to register via email just to use the complimentary Wifi. Again, none of the other KOAs have such a complicated and onerous system. Just give out a simple password! As such we ended up just using our data plan on our phones instead of jumping through the hoops.

Lastly, the enter button on the men’s bathroom was missing which meant I had to press my finger into a ragged piece of metal every time to open the door.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family