All reviews central ave the room was nice home away from home stay there again continental breakfast road trip old town cornflakes university refrigerator
Reviewed 14 April 2018

The hotel is near the University of New Mexico campus. The room was not expensive, clean and comfortable. The hotel is pet friendly for dogs but do not accept cats. The staff is friendly and willing to help.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Downtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Barbara A,

We can't thank you enough for your heartfelt review of our hospitality and service of Knights Inn Downtown Albuquerque Hotel. It is a key ambition of ours to ensure that pet friendly never equates to a lower level of service
and cleanliness and I’m glad that you found our efforts to be successful. We will share your comments with our staff and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Yes there's hotels that are more luxurious, more modern and all...
But what are you really looking for in a cheap hotel?
My room was a smoker room so of course it smelled incredibly of smoke but there has to be a difference in this room to another for 3 times the money.
It was thoroughly cleaned, the staff was super friendly with just about anything and we had a great night here

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Downtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Jan S,

We are all thrilled to learn that you enjoyed such a pleasant experience with us. It means a lot to hear from guests who are satisfied with all of our services and amenities. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 10 March 2018

Warning - when I arrived my room was "cancelled" and then the rate almost doubled. Would recommend a more reputable motel in beautiful Albuquerque. Other than that, the location is pretty close to a lot of great places.

Room Tip: No really good room
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Downtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dallastravelerin2018,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. I regret to discover that you weren't thoroughly impressed with our accommodations and
services during your most recent stay. Our entire staff works extremely hard to make sure all of our guests have an excellent stay, but it seems that we've not been able to satisfy you. We apologize for this and would love for you to contact me so we can figure this issue out together. I'm glad you found our location to be convenient, and I hope you will find your expectations to
be far surpassed during your next visit!

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Traveling through Albuquerque, we were looking for a nice inexpensive place to stay close to downtown. Asking a lot, I know, but we found the Knight's Inn. Sure, why not?

The outside appearance wasn't grand, but it's the room that counts. We got checked in and found the room to be great. The bed was wonderful, the room was clean, everything worked fine. It was comfortable and felt great after driving all day.

We checked out the next morning, not availing ourselves of the Continental breakfast (toast, cereal, coffee) in the lobby. Instead of moving on we ended up spending most of the day in the area and decided to stay a second night. Having already had a good experience at Knight's Inn, we got another reservation and checked in.

Like I said, what a difference a night makes. Different room, all new problems. The remote for the television didn't work, but Robert at the front desk got it taken care of quickly. It was when he left and had to slam the door to get it to latch we noticed that problem (we hadn't finished unloading yet so hadn't fully closed the door yet). When I tried the dead bolt, it wasn't lining up with the frame properly so it wouldn't engage. Great. I put a chair in front of the door to at least slow down anyone trying to get in. No chain, no dead bolt, no extra latch. Just the lock on the handle to keep people out.

The tub was dirty along the top rim where you step. Looked like it hadn't been cleaned in quite a while. One of the beds looked like they had just remade it after the last resident rather than changing the sheets. We slept in the other bed. There was a pair of socks and some plastic wrapping in the night stand. Overall the impression was that they did a surface clean instead of an actual turnover clean.

And then the heater. It made noise every time it kicked in like the compressor on the fan was trying to give out. The noise would continue as long as it ran, and only stop when the compressor stopped. It heated the room, just made a lot of noise.

Most of it is minor stuff except the door. That's a safety issue. But compared to the night before it was like we were in a completely different motel. So while I won't say not to go here, I will say be cautious. It's hit or miss.

I did notify the owner about the door, and he assured me it would be addressed with maintenance.

Room Tip: Room 108 was really great. It's a King bed. If you can get that one go for it.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Downtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

CMDecker,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this thorough and insightful review. We appreciate that you've taken the time to share the ways that we have impressed you and the ways that we can improve. Also,We take all reports of lacking service and issues with amenities and accommodations seriously, particularly those that you have raised. We hope to see you again soon, and hopefully to impress you with our ongoing improvements.

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Need I say more? The whole time I stayed at this place, I felt disgusting about it. It's like going to a dirty public bathroom and staying there for couple of nights rather than few minutes. Let alone the fact that they charge $4.58 for service charge or something per night if you book through Expedia which I was not aware of since I booked through Chase's Ultimate Rewards programs who performed the booking through Expedia. And then there is a weird plumbing noise that goes on every so often. I have stayed at bunch of cheap hotels and trust me, my standard isn't that high at all which is why I would rather save some money. But after staying at this place, I might revisit that stance of mine.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Knights Inn Downtown Albuquerque, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Sayyem A,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the housekeeping issues that you encountered during your stay in our hotel. We thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we want to assure you that the housekeeping issues which you have brought to our attention are being addressed with renewed efforts to improve upon our policies to ensure that each guest has a pleasant and comfortable experience in the future.