“Yummy Kabobs!”
Review of Chello Grill

Chello Grill
Ranked #252 of 1,869 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Description: Flame-grilled Kabobs made fresh to order, Awesome Veggie options, Shaken Iced Teas to quench your thirst & Baklava Cheesecake
Reviewed 25 December 2017

Very nice place. Tasty Persian food, lots of varied stews, grilled vegs.
Featuring other Middle Eastern sides like hummus and baklava.
You won"t be disappointed!

1  Thank stracci2000

Reviewed 11 December 2017

We would be hard put to find an Albuquerque restaurant that offers more value for the money. In addition, the decor was spiffy, the place spotless, and the atmosphere warm and welcoming. Travelers, note: Chello Grill is right off Interstate 40 at San Mateo Boulevard, a couple of exits east of the I-25 intersection and not far from the University of New Mexico campus.

For less than $10, we had more healthy, delicious Persian food than we could manage -- a foot-long kabob of koobideh (ground beef, onion and spices); tasty grilled squash, tomato and bell pepper; a mound of saffron and white rice; a generous round of na'an; and a side dish (savory lentils for my friend, corn and meat stew for me). We were both glad we hadn't tried to take on the two-kabob combo! Vegetarian dishes and halal lamb were options. And they even deliver!

1  Thank Sandy S
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

This is a perfect mix of Mediterranean and Persian food. The place is new and very well designed (although I could imagine mire comfortable chairsfor short people). There is a great selection of kebabs, stews, or salads, with lovely white and yellow (safron) rice, warm and very thin and crispy bread. Great grilled veggies for those who choose not to eat meat, and the selection of sweets is also good: baklava cheese cake, coconut filled dates, to name just two that piqued my interest. They also have a great selection of teas, cucumber and lemon water, and for furst timers the management special offer was Persian tea with rose buds. This place is really good and very affordable.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

Sorry Pars Cuisine, but I no longer have to drive all the way up to you-especially because you are a special night out place. What I love about this place is that, essentially, it is take out. Even dining in. No staff to engage or tip or deal with. It is right near where I live. They make take out so easy. Staff is engaged and the food is always on per expectations. I like that their hummus is "thick". I love how everything else is prepared. Yes, it is assembly line. But, it is done right. Who would be complaining? This is the best restaurant to be engaged in my neighborhood within a 5 mile radius by far in the last year or two. Everything is fresh and almost perfectly cooked. Well done.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

This is a great new place located in the shopping mall on the Cutler/San Mateo intersection. I enjoyed a ground beef kabob with baklava for dessert. Everything was very fresh and tasty. You select your meal cafeteria-style (the kabobs are then prepared and brought to your table). As it was my first visit, the employees were very kind in explaining the menu and so forth. I will definitely be back. The cucumber-flavored water was delicious and refreshing---everything about this place was wonderful.