“Good food”
Review of Mad Italian

Mad Italian
Ranked #9 of 129 Restaurants in Petersburg
Cuisines: Greek, Pizza, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The finest in Italian, Greek and American Cuisine. Family owned. Proudly serving for Forty Two years.
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Interesting combo - Greek and Italian. I wondered how it would work, and it did very well. I tried a special - manicotti, baked spaghetti and lasagne, with a greek salad. Add some Chianti and I am fine! Good deserts also.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

The lasagna and shrimp fettuccine were both nice and filling. Garlic bread was not very garlicky. Included dinner salad that was fresh & tasty, but mostly only one cucumber slice and one small piece of tomato on nice fresh bed of greens with loads of red onion slices. Expectations were low, but really hit the spot. Waitress attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

This particular establishment may be a staple in the community, but as a visitor I was not terribly impressed. Not the best, not the worst...will look for a different option next visit. Family had pizza, lasagna, linguini, and spaghetti dishes kind of bland. Salad was just ok. Drinks were cold though. Service maybe 2-2.5 rating. Does have a bar and 2 TVs. Can handle large groups. Bathroom need some attention, but decor of the joint was unique. Menu had other options such as Greek and American, but we were interested in the Italian- reasonably priced. Our overall experience would not carry us back to the Mad Italian, but you decide for yourself and give you it a try.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Is not a real Italian restaurant and that for me is enough. Service was good but food and location were not very good.

shortfusegreek, Owner at Mad Italian, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Mr. Marco B,

We at The Mad Italian Pasta and Steakhouse take our reviews very seriously. You know Mr. Marco B, we have never claimed to be born in Italy. However our reputation for the last 43 YEARS at the same location speaks for itself. We are humble and proud to provide our customers with quality of food, great service, and affordable prices.

Respectfully,
Chris Skordas: Owner.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

The atmosphere was nice, the pizza delicious, and the prices very reasonable. My wife had the veggie pizza, and I had a Gyro. As I was eating a wonderful pepperoni and cheese pizza passed by and I regretted not going in that direction.