All reviews hi express room was clean walking distance front desk staff free breakfast definitely stay here again resaca hie bedding walmart mall
Reviewed 12 March 2018

The rooms are big enough and clean enough, but this hotel has not been well kept. It is quickly showing its age.

The quality of the wi-fi signal is often poor, which is very important to me.

The breakfast room is clean and the food was edible.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Hello Will R,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for leaving a review. I am happy that you found our rooms clean. On the other hand, it is regrettable that the hotel's condition and the internet service was not up to par. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 9 February 2018

I did not receive the room that I booked. The carpet was dirty. The WiFi signal was very weak. The check-in process was unprofessional. The hot water in the shower was not working. The side entrance door does not work.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Hi rboykins71,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our hotel. I would like to apologize for the issues you had with your room allocation, carpet cleanliness, and the WiFi connection just to name a few. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I am sorry for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns. I would also like to follow up on this situation that is why I have sent you a private message to obtain more information. I hope that you can respond at your soonest available time.

Thanks for staying and best regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 18 January 2018

Rooms are old and musty. The manager lady is unprofessional, someone else could do a better job at maintaining a better atmosphere. Clean place just bad service overall. Choose a different place if you want your money worth.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank ronstudio
Holiday Inn E, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us!
As you can imagine, I am left extremely disappointed to learn of the condition of the room you encountered during your recent stay. But I very much appreciate your candid feedback, as it is the only way that we are able to improve upon our shortcomings and the overall experience that we provide our guests with. Please know this is certainly not reflective of the high standards we have and I apologize you had to endure this service. Rest assured that I will be following up with the appropriate individuals and will get to the bottom of these errors. From the issues inside your guestroom to the insensitivity of our Front Desk agents, we will work diligently in order to avoid future troubles. Our collective goal is always to provide our guests with service excellence from the moment they step out of their car to the moment they depart. We were not able to do this for you, and again, it is most disappointing. It my sincere hope that you will return so we can provide you with the exceptional experience that our guests have come to expect from us. Please contact me directly so I may personally oversee any future reservations. Thank you!

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

This place has seen better days. I gave the benefit of the doubt after my first stay, but my second visit confirmed my initial experience.
The rooms are dirty, carpets real dirty ,visible nasty, I guess the carpets have never been replaced or at least steam cleaned. Bed sheets looked and felt like somebody else slept on it, smell not fresh at all, all wrinkled and of a color that years ago was white, now more like a pearly yellowish. And the pillows, they are the nastier pillows I have encountered in any hotel, they are feather filled and the smell unbearable, the hotel should toss them in the trash and purchase new inexpensive ones from any Walmart. For pillows we ended using bath towels equally worn out but at least I want to believe they were washed with t- shirts as pillow cases.

Oh, and by the way I don’t know what kind of guests this place regularly receives but you are treated like a potential crook, any reservation you make in advance your credit card is charged in advance, before your arrival, which is odd since most places charge you once you arrive, not before.

The front office makes paper copies of your drivers licence and credit card, I just din’t like this either, its standard everywhere to verify your ID and match with your credit card info and run it through their computer systems but actually making paper copies of them? The staff justify it saying those are mandated by management / owner.

Anyway, I don’t recommend this place at all, the only thing reasonable positive is its convenient location and a decent free breakfast. The cafeteria has a nice view overlooking a resaca (pond) but the water condensation on walls inside the cafeteria are damaging the wood veneer and is rotting. So all this definitely shows a place under mediocre ownership and or management.

No, thanks, I won’t stay here again. Don’t recommend it, is not even cheap, go somewhere else, there are plenty of cleaner , comparable or even cheaper places to stay in Brownsville .

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank riggo c
Holiday Inn E, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit with us!
As you can imagine, I am left extremely disappointed to learn of the many frustrations you encountered during your recent stay. But I very much appreciate your candid feedback, as it is the only way that we are able to improve upon our shortcomings and the overall experience that we provide our guests with. Please know this is certainly not reflective of the high standards we have and I apologize you had to endure such inconveniences. Rest assured that I will be following up with the appropriate individuals and will get to the bottom of these service errors. From the issues inside your guestroom to the insensitivity of our Front Desk agents, we will work diligently in order to avoid future troubles. Our collective goal is always to provide our guests with service excellence from the moment they step out of their car to the moment they depart. We were not able to do this for you, and again, it is most disappointing. It my sincere hope that you will return so we can provide you with the exceptional experience that our guests have come to expect from us. Please contact me directly so I may personally oversee any future reservations. Thank you!

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Unplanned overnight and a last minute reservation brought us to the Holiday Inn Express & Suites.

The counter very accommodating and speedy. Note, there is 7 in our group.

This is not a brand new hotel but the Room is clean, AC is chilly and water is hot. Front desk staff very friendly with a smile.

Wifi