“Great Catfish and Shrimp” 4 of 5 bubbles

Catfish Charlie's
Ranked #10 of 690 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Beaumont, Tx
“Great Catfish and Shrimp”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2009

My husband and I went to Catfish Charlie's to eat lunch while on vacation in Corpus Christi. The restaurant was very clean, the employees were very friendly. My husband and I both agree that the catfish and shrimp was very delicious and fresh. The hushpuppies and coleslaw was excellent. The fries were large and good. Our food was hot. We were served drinks in very large glasses. My only disappointment was the gumbo and red beans and rice. My family and I know cajun food and we cook cajun food regularly. The gumbo rue was weak, more like spicy chicken broth. The red beans and rice were bland. We could not eat it, even after I added hot sauce. But the catfish, shrimp, slaw was excellent.

San Antonio, Texas
“Have been going here for YEARS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2009

Growing up in Corpus, Catfish Charlies has always been great! Its a bar/grill type atmosphere but with fried catfish. Its really fresh, as is the fried shrimp! Everything is pretty much fried, so be prepared, but nothing is actually greasy or overbreaded. The beans have a kick, the hushpuppies have a kick , nothing is flavorless.

Please Visitors, don't come to Corpus and then eat at Landry's. That's just wrong! Go to Catfish Charlie's or Snoopy's (if you want the scenery)! Snoopy's is on a pier that overlooks the laguna madre (I think), both are VERY casual and cheap! Very family oriented as well.

La Marque, Texas
“One of Corpus Christi's Best Kept Secrets for fresh, fried Seafood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2009

My wife and I were visiting Corpus Christi for our Anniversary and had been looking for a good place to get some fried oysters. This restaurant has it. The food was great, the staff was exceptional. The Chef even sent a few more fried Oysters with his compliments. I am from Louisisana originally, and typically look for good food when I am traveling on business or vacationing. This is pretty close to the food I grew up on. I plan to share this experience with all my friends and family.

Houston
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2009

The shrimp taste like there were picked fresh out the bay. The hush puppies had a bit a spicy peppers in them. The food was awesome and the servers were really nice. I should have went back before I left but I will leave it for the next trip.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook