“Great location”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

The location is fabulous. Make sure you take a table outside!
I have to admit, we are not into seafood. So all of us took some kind of burger (beef, chicken, veggie). Nothing special, but absolutely fine.
The waitress was very nice and attentive.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Was in Corpus Christi for a weekend. Pier 99 has a decent outside bar that has inexpensive drinks and a live band. Food cost was reasonable and good. Service was good, but could have been quicker. Inside restaurant was very busy and seems to be the place to go when in that beach area.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

I love coming here because the staff is friendly, food and drinks are wonderful on top of a peaceful ambiance!

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Don’t let the shack appearance keep you from eating at Pier 99. Every visit to North Padre I now eat here. Stopped in for lunch, nice view of the C.C.bay and the Lexington. Enjoyed the live music. We ordered the shrimp bonanza platter (feeds 3-4)...large shrimp: fried, sautéed, cocktail and blackened with broccoli & mushrooms. With sides of cole slaw, corn on the cob and boiled potatoes. All delicious, my party of three left full and satisfied. As shrimp lovers, we will be back to Pier 99 on our next trip.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

A Corpus Christ staple no more! What happened to this place? I'm from Corpus Christi born and raised and this place was once fantastic. We visited there with my wife, mother, and three kids and we were sorely disappointed. We started with calamari and the shrimp diablos. For our entrees my mother ordered the shrimp platter (fried), my wife ordered the seafood boil for one, my daughter had the fish (pollock) and shrimp platter (fried), my sons had the kids burger, and I had the catch of the day (corvina, blackened) with 6 shrimp (fried) and 4 oysters (fried). Sounds great doesn't it? It wasn't! The shrimp diablos have long been a favorite of mine but not today. Today they were measly portioned, overly cooked and dry. Everything fried was overly cooked and dry, particularly the shrimp, which was flat and hard to the bite on account of being poorly butterflied. In fact considering the size of these shrimp, they should not have been butterflied at all, deveined for sure, but not butterflied. My daughters fried pollock was also similarly dry and not of good quality. My wife's seafood boil was unbearably salty which made me think the dish was prepared in a brine instead of a savory spicy broth. The sausage in this dish was also the cheap kind, a majority of which is filler/binder. This kind of sausage is great for grilling but in a seafood boil, the filler/binder swells with water and what you're left with is just a fat weiner looking excuse for sausage, for which there is no excuse in Texas. And of course the devil is in the details...my wife's dish, which included snow crab legs and claws, did not come with a seafood claw cracker. This of course led to me doing much of the work for her with the claws wrapped in several napkins to allow me to apply full force with my fingers while trying to avoid the spiny bits. Furthermore, believe it or not, this dish was not brought with real butter but rather it was brought with 40% vegetable oil spread! I was seriously embarrassed for my home town knowing that this prime real estate location is heavily frequented by tourists, and the thought that they may be driving away thinking that this is the taste of Corpus Christi. My first instincts led me to think, fire the chef! Maybe there was a change in management? Even their classic homemade tarter sauce didn't taste the same. After receiving our bill of over $182 I almost felt a moral obligation to warn the patrons who were just coming in of what was to come. Alas I did not. The fresh corvina and the calamari (a little light portion wise) were good but not spectacular. My Shiner Bock was ice cold and the location was amazing. Our server was attentive and courteous and the cute older couple playing music provided a nice ambiance. I like to think that our money went towards everything but the food...otherwise I can't justify in my mind paying the money that we did for that quality of food. I'm sorry but I will not be returning to your place of business again for the food.