“BEST pizza - REAL pizza!”
Review of Bella Luna Pizzeria Inc - CLOSED

Bella Luna Pizzeria Inc
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Soups
Reviewed 1 March 2014

You always want to find that hole in the wall, authentic place? Well here it is.

AMAZING pizza and pastas!
Don't forget the Tiramasu! (sp?)
Plus the guys running the place are legit. They are kind to our military and are straight up good business people. I drive 45 minutes just to get their pizza. again I drive 45 minutes just to get their pizza. We have 3 chains within 10 of my house but I still go there.

#whitepizzaforlife

1  Thank Samantha N

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We've eaten here many times for lunch; they are right outside the Naval Air Station, and next to a bar, but don't let that fool you.
The owner was extremely nice and he advised me he was lowering his prices; at the time I went there it was during government shutdown and he was giving government employees a discount! How nice to see that!
I also noticed they had applied for a beer/wine license through TABC,
We had the fried zucchini with both ranch and marinara sauce.
My co worker had the chicken parmesan and I opted for the pasta with bolognose sauce.
Absolutely superb and portions were generous. We both took leftovers home for dinner.
Now, let me talk about dessert. They have the best cake ever. It's a white chocolate/lemoncella with ganache; best dessert I've ever tasted!
Since this is a fairly new establishment, I'd bare that in mind.
I highly recommend a to-go order, if you don't have time to dine in.
Our food was ready in 30 minutes, because I called ahead.
I am going back and soon!

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Diner Review • Aug 19, 2013
Likes it
If you want real Italian food and authentic New York style pizza then you must try Bella Luna. Their stuffed mozzarella bread appetizer with Alfredo sauce is out of this world! By far the best Alfredo in all of Corpus Christi. For dinner we had the portobello mushroom ravioli with a sundried tomato cream sauce and the veal saltinbocca. Both dishes were cooked to perfection and had abundant portions (we had to take 2 large containers to go). For dessert we had the white chocolate limoncello mascarpone cake, all i can say is it was so delicious I took home 2 pieces for.my kids. Overall the service was great, the food was amazing and I will be back again.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

YUMMMMM.... boy does it smell good in this joint---a modest real-deal hole in the wall out near the naval base... friends of Italian heritage had highly recommended Bella Luna, and we were out to celebrate a bday... they ended up not coming, but the rest of the 2 couples- party did, on their recommendation. Wow...I needed and received an authentic NY fix here from Salvatore and his friendly staff. Our table had chicken parm, spaghetti w/ a creamy bolognese sauce, some meatballs... I had ziti and pomodoro sauce with fresh ruby tomato and basil sauce with a caprese salad to begin.. fresh mozzarella and vine ripened plum tomatoes, virgin olive oil and fragrant basil... chilled to perfection.. we loved it.....and had go plates to take with us the portions were so generous. The chef came out to speak to us, the waitress was very accomodating and I had a trip down memory lane discussing my italian stallion ex 'from the neighborhood' both he and the owner were from in the Bronx... a family place with a lot of love and history to be shared, the recipes and food was hearty and just what the doctor ordered... could they use a new AC? no doubt.. its not easy making fantastic pizzas in a hot oven in the heat of Corpus Christi... hey, whaddy gonna do? forgetta bout it!!! Sal tells me he will be opening a new spot downtown CC next to a comedy club.. No doubt that willl be a huge success... we had a blast and will be back to Bella Luna and any new ventures.

1  Thank realtravellescribe
Reviewed 26 September 2013

We decided to give Bella Luna a try, because we saw the Groupon and wanted to try something different. We travel to CC several times a year and tend to get into a dining 'rut' when we are there.

The outside of this establishment leaves a lot to be desired, but we looked past that. Upon entering this restaurant, thank goodness we were there before "dinner" because there were maybe, 6 or 7 tables max. We were the only ones there and it took a while for the guy working to come out and greet us.

Not to mention, this restaurant was HOT HOT HOT inside. I guess your AC isn't working, or the extra window unit isn't ample enough for the size. Two industrial like fans were in there as well. We should have just walked out at this point, but decided since we had already spent the $$ on the groupon to wait it out. I have 4 children, 2 of which have severe eczema and one daughter who is less than 2 years old. They were all miserable. Red faced, flushed and itchy.

Got "sweet" tea for the kids, which was not sweet at all. Husband got a sugar shaker to try to sweeten it up so they would drink it - it was all hard and stuck together inside. One tap on the table and the container shattered, sending glass and sugar everywhere and into my lap. By this point another employee had arrived and was bussing a nearby table. Can you believe that this man did not even BOTHER to offer to clean this up? I got a DIRTY PLATE from that table so we could sweep the glass and sugar off. Ugh.

Kids were restless and uncomfortable. Husband went to see if we could get some crackers for them.....no crackers. We also were supposed to have bread brought to us, and only after we asked for the crackers did the bread arrive, and it was kind of slung onto the table with no conversation whatsoever.

Now, once our food arrived, we did enjoy the food, as much as one could in a 85* restaurant. The chicken alfredo was wonderful, the meatballs were great and the portions were large. We ate quickly, so we could get out of the heat, because honestly with the breeze, it felt better outside.

We did not feel very welcome at all in this restaurant and will not be returning, unfortunately...even though the food was decent.