“Zero Stars! Menu is fiction-they are outta that-read this entire review.”
Review of Bella Luna Pizzeria Inc - CLOSED

Bella Luna Pizzeria Inc
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Soups
Reviewed 18 May 2013

The reason we tried this place was because the local paper gave them a great write-up a while back. WOW, what a scam. First, let me say I’m a new Texan, having migrated from NY within the last year. The Caller Times said these guys were from NYC and it was authentic. Clearly the reporters at the Caller Times have never had authentic Italian food in NYC!!!

The web site features a really nice-looking menu, and very professional appearance, so I was surprised to walk in to a 6-table restaurant that is filthy dive. I’m willing to reserve judgment on that for the moment because of the warm welcome by the owner(?) and my experiences in NYC. The aroma of garlic is heavenly. That was the best part of the night.

Wait until you try to order! People around us had beer and wine, but guess what? You have to bring your own. The Caller Times and the web site for the restaurant do not mention that. I settle for a bottle of water. Want calamari? Nope. We’re outta that. Want eggplant? Nope. Outta that too. Veal? Nope… outta that too. How about the pasta named after the restaurant? Nope. Out of broccoli rabe. Seriously? On Friday night at 8:00? We really thought about leaving at this point, but we were determined to make it a good experience. So, the owner helped us scrape together an order, which included an appetizer of garlic knots… which he never served us. You bet he charged us for them though! I ordered Caprese instead of regular salad, and my husband took the regular salad. The guy brought my Caprese about 4 minutes before he brought my husband’s salad. Why? I have no idea. Dinner was terrible, and the serving sizes were pitiful. They served me pasta with no spoon (for twirling). Seriously? They cannot possibly be from NY! Or they were kicked out!

The tables had no salt or pepper. Some people around us had parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes in shakers, but none of that was offered to us. Half of the customers were given paper plates to eat from. At 9:02 pm, we hear a yell from the kitchen: “I’m outta pizza sauce!” Seriously? There is a grocery store just down the road. Anyone with half a brain would have made the choice to run down to the store hours before that to come up with an emergency solution to that problem!!! This was the most unbelievable disappointment I’ve ever had at a “restaurant.”

1  Thank IloveTX

Reviewed 29 April 2013

This place looks like a little dive from the outside, but don't let that fool you. They have the best pizza in town. The fried mushrooms are to die for, I have never had any quite like them, and then of course finish it off with a cannoli! You won't be disappointed in the food here and they staff was friendly as well. Was a really nice surprise.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Let's start by saying, WOW! What a wonderful restaurant. Been a customer since it opened. I am in love with the Alfredo sauce. The stuffed mozzarella bread is probably my favorite appetizer, although they are all good. The pizza is the best in town. Good Job!!!