All reviews saltgrass steakhouse starbucks coffee indoor pool spacious room great place to stay breakfast was excellent free breakfast awesome hotel very nice stay sofa bed short drive would highly recommend this hotel yogurt staff was very friendly the breakfast area definitely stay here again port aransas
Reviewed 10 September 2018

clean, excellent staff/housekeeping; recently stayed at Aspen Hyatt and the difference was like night and day. Breakfast was excellent, relaxing and enjoyable. It was mostly adults and that made alot of difference. We are older adults and enjoy a quiet breakfast. I realize the two places are also very different.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2018

The staff went out of their way to help you and make sure any requests were filled immediately. The rooms just need to be updated and renovated. The rooms were very clean. the location was very good, considering I was staying there to move my son into his apartment for school. The location is convenient and made it easy to get to stores and restaurants.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 August 2018

We usually stop over in Corpus for one night on our way to S. Padre. This is a great area, close to restaurants and shopping. The rooms are a great size, with a nice seating area. Walk in shower a plus! I hate tubs! This hotel has pleasant staff and the was very clean and in good condition.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I was searching for a place to stay and selected Hyatt Place where just a few more nights I would become a Discoverist member. Elite privileges does have its perks. I did not want to stay next to the coastline since I read many places were still rebuilding from the previous hurricane.

If you arrive on the Crosstown Expressway from I-37 then make sure to exit on to Airline Rd since the exit for Nike Dr is past the entrance to the hotel. I made the mistake once and had to backtrack around. The hotel looks new and on this summer weekend it was full but did find a spot.

This location is a 15-20 minute drive to downtown and North Padre Island too. You will find pretty much everything around this hotel like a mall, restaurants, and retail. There is a Saltgrass Steakhouse right next to it in case you feel like not driving around.

I walked inside to see a modern decor lobby with a dining area for the free breakfast. There is also a small bar which opens nightly. The check in process was quick and the staff was very friendly. Our room was no surprise except instead of a mini kitchen it had a piece of furniture with the mini refrigerator underneath it. It had a coffee maker to brew coffee in the morning before going downstairs and getting more. The rest of the room was nice with big TV which seemed to have every channel.

The surprise was my phone automatically connected to the Hyatt WiFi perhaps they remembered me from my last recent stay at another Hyatt hotel.

With my upgraded membership I got two free waters which I picked up everyday downstairs. The cleaning staff was nice and did an excellent job.

The breakfast changed everyday, but always has eggs and a side like bacon or sausage. I was impress one day where I arrived at 10 A.M. had some eggs and the chef came by to ask if I wanted more where he was shutting down the kitchen. Some locations just grab the food without an announcement. The breakfast spread in general was very good, and when it’s bacon morning then it goes quickly.

The staff does a great job keeping the lobby and dining area clean.

We did use the pool and workout facilities. The exercise equipment were in working order. They provide water and towels. The pool area had interesting reviews. It is an indoor salt water pool which is supposedly heated. It looked a bit dirty with sand on the bottom but was ok. The railing was broken. I did like it being salt versus chlorine where the room did not small bad. There were a few towels available, and can go outside and sit in at a patio to dry off.

It was another good experience at a Hyatt hotel and enjoyed it.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2018

Stayed here for two nights in August 2018 as a Hyatt Globalist. Sufficient for a 1- or 2-night stay.

Pros:

- One of the "new build" Hyatt Places, so the physical plant is pretty nice.
- King room was standard HP fare, which is to say spacious.
- Breakfast quality and selection was maybe a tick above HP average.
- Walking distance to several chain restaurants, and about a 15-minute drive to the airport.
- Friendly staff.

Cons:

- Returned to an uncleaned room after 4pm, had to flag down a housekeeper to have it serviced.
- At breakfast, some plates were not sufficiently cleaned, and coffee and cream repeatedly ran out.
- No option for premium internet, and the regular internet speeds crawled at times.
- Walked to the corner gas station/convenience store and it's clearly a little bit of a rough area once you get outside the immediate environs of the hotel/restaurants.

• Trip type: Travelled on business