All reviews pancake machine room was clean continental breakfast shower head stayed for nights pleasant stay booked this hotel staff was very friendly desk cereal flooring microwave proximity
Reviewed 6 August 2018

If you only looked at the outside of this place and its location, you would keep on driving. While not the greatest location or neighborhood this hotel was GREAT! Room was large, clean and bed was very comfortable.
Breakfast could have been better.

Room tip: A good surprise!
Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank KFlax
SandyG2128, AGM at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

I am extremely happy that you did have an amazing experience staying with us here at EconoLodge Inn & Suites. We definitely take pride in our hotel and the service we provide to our guests. Although we may look rough around the edges, we are glad that you considered giving us a chance regardless of our exterior appearance. I can assure you that we will soon be making improvements on the exterior. As for breakfast, I apologize that we only offer a continental breakfast but hopefully with your comments we can soon also improve as well. I personally made a suggestion for tacos but my boss denied me because he said I'd never step foot out of breakfast lol but hey I tried. Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. Definitely look forward to seeing you the next time you come to Corpus Christi!

Reviewed 7 July 2018

Breakfast goes to 9:30. We were there at 7:30 and pancake service not working. No coffee. No juice. We asked for it and she never brought it out. Horrible service. Night before my arrival, they called my phone asking for $100 deposit in case we trashed the room. Really? I hung up. In low end of town.

Room tip: Go to a better neighborhood.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

I would like to apologize to you on behalf of my team. We have looked into the issues you have incurred during your stay and I'd like to express my sincerest apologies as we failed to meet your expectations. I can assure you that this is not how we handle ourselves and we will be working towards making improvements with our staff. I hope you can understand that we in no way meant to make you feel as if you would trash our room. We just like to contact our guests prior to arrival to confirm their reservation details to ensure there are no mistakes as well as inform them of our incidentals policy so there's no surprise at check in. Our incidentals policy helps keeps our rooms in great condition as we just recently went through a renovation and remodel. We understand that while we have great guests like you, unfortunately we have some guests who may not be as responsible. I hope that you'd consider giving us another chance in the future to show you that we are better than this. Thank you for your business and I hope you have a marvelous day!

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Sandy was awesome! She was very knowledgeable with the area and recommended places for us to visit. The whole outside looked a bit weathered but the inside of the rooms were very clean and you could tell they had been recently remodeled. The bed was very comfy and the room was very clean and smelled fresh.

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank Lisa H H
SandyG2128, AGM at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2018

Thank you for the review Lisa! I am so glad I could be of assistance during your stay. We are definitely happy that you did not judge us by our outside appearance as the saying goes never judge a book by its cover. Thank you giving us the opportunity to provide an enjoyable experience during your stay! We will be looking forward to seeing you in the future! Have a beautiful day!

Reviewed 17 March 2018

Arrived 14 March 2018, my wife and I tried to take a shower but the water just barely came out of the shower head. Notified the front desk on 15 March 2018 and left a note for the cleaning lady as well. The cleaning lady left a note back indicating that she would notify maintenance and management. Nothing was done by maintenance or management, so I notified the front desk on Friday once again and asked if they contacted anyone and the lady said she forgot. Then on Saturday after several attempts to correct this and four horrible showers later I brought this up again at the front desk during checkout. A manager was contacted and she told the lady at the desk because the room was a handicap accessible room that is why the shower had a trickle for water pressure. I know that this is false because I stayed at another hotel in San Antonio a month earlier and I had to stay in a similar room due to the hotel being full but this shower had normal water pressure. If someone was handicap the water might get their toes wet and that's about it, forget about sitting in the chair and trying to get yourself washed. Something so easy to fix, most likely a $ 20.00 shower head replacement yet they did nothing. Then they came up with a lame excuse. The sign outside the hotel say welcome valued guest, well we didn't feel to valued. Last the hospitality guarantee according to the signage in the room states that if you aren't satisfied and if they can't make it right then they will compensate you. Not true!!! Also if handicap rooms come with no water pressure then state that upfront so customers can make a more informed choice, and don't lie to your customers.

Room tip: Ask about water pressure in handicap rooms
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations regarding your room. I understand you expected to speak to a manager and apologize that I was not on site at the time of your check out as I am normally in at 8:30 am so we unfortunately missed each other. As explained previously before, the shower head in the room is actually designed and purchased that way from the distributor and we do also have 3 other rooms that are handicap accessible with all same brand of shower heads that are exactly the same. Understandably you may have stayed at a previous hotel that may have different hardware in their bathroom as you stated theirs was adjustable as to where ours is not but not all hotels are designed the same. The brand we use is Moen, which is a reputable national brand and is not off clearance rack at home depot. We did have a full renovation less than 5 months ago and can assure you everything is new.I did in fact go and run the shower in the all handicap rooms just out of curiousity. I did find that the water pressure was fine and not just trickles as you described. However, we do apologize it did not meet your expectations and hope you have a nice day!

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Internet is beyond slow even for the simplest tasks on your phone or computer.
Lots of construction crews stay here. People loitering in parking lot might make you feel unsafe. Breakfast ok if pancake machine is working.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo

I apologize for any inconvenience you may have incurred during your stay. While we do have workers that stay here, I can assure you that we try our best to keep our exterior in clean condition and I am sorry if we made you feel unsafe. We hope that you will consider giving us another chance to provide you with superior accommodations. Thank you