All reviews nice flat screen love seat room was clean coffee machine stayed for nights pleasant stay booked this hotel desk coffeemaker clerk dresser proximity
Reviewed 2 October 2017

the staff was friendly . the room was clean ,we were giving a room for handicap but I would not park in the handicap space. Like all econo lodge breakfast are mighty light. like the old wendy, advertisement where the meat.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank rwkeith
Reviewed 14 September 2017

My mother stayed here after losing everything she owned, including her home, to Hurricane Harvey. After staying there for about 2 weeks, they took all of her belongings out of her room and rented it to someone else. Keep in mind that she was PAID IN FULL and was not notified that they were going to do this. These people also charged her tax, which evacuees are exempt from, and would not refund it when they kicked her out. Despicable. No one I know will ever choose Econo Lodge or any other Choice hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank oboesruletheearth
LGMManagement, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

First and foremost we would like to apologize for the inconvenience your mother experienced while staying with us. I realize you were not staying at the hotel with her , so we would like to inform you of what transpired during her stay. After a thorough review we see that in fact her insurance company was paying for the room. Our management has records of discussing this with her insurance company as well as your mother. They extended to the day you mentioned she was kicked out. We have call records show numerous calls informing your mother that the insurance had not extended and for to her contact them. Mind you this was at least 5 days prior to the expected checkout date. Voicemails were left everytime and we did not recieve any feedback from her. On the day of checkout we tried 3 times before we were forced to make a decision. We never intentionally aim to kick out any guests. As you know out hotel has a high demand due to its recent remodel and we are constantly busy.
In regards to the tax , she(the Insurance company) was charged tax as our Governor exempted certain area codes. Since the person paying for the room was her insurance out of another state they were charged tax. We clarified with them after following up with the state. Thus even if we had exempted it would only have gone to your insurance company.
Our team takes pride in taking care of our guests and doing all that we can to make sure that we can accommodate all of their needs. Sometimes like in this circumstance we cannot meet that need. We understand you have the right to post all over the internet of our flaws , and we gracefully thank you for making us aware of our shortcomings.

Thank you.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We chose this hotel due to limited options after the recent hurricane.

On first glance this hotel looks a little old and rundown. As many others have mentioned the neighborhood is kind of sketchy as well. If those things bother you then you may want to look elsewhere.

Overall I was pleasantly surprised with the room. It was recently remodeled and everything looked brand new. We had to use the pull out couch and the plastic was still on and clearly had never been used.

I thought the bed was comfortable and the room was fairly quiet but I do recommend running the air conditioning unit to cut down on outside noise since it's close to the highway.

As others have mentioned, the parking lot is very small so parking a large vehicle might be an issue.

I only had coffee at breakfast the next morning but there were a few limited options for breakfast available.

For one night, this hotel exceeded my expectations and I'd probably stay here again if I needed to.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel without knowing the area and was a little concerned when we got to check-in. The area is a little sketchy and the exterior of the motel is a little run down. My husband was doubting my hotel finding skills until we got into the room. Newly remodeled, laminate floors, large flatscreen TVs and nice beds. It was really nice! My only complaint is the breakfast. It said "full" breakfast, but what was offered to us was two cereal choices, a pancake maker, and a slim choice of bakery items. We only ate the breakfast once and opted to pay for our breakfast the rest of our stay.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2017

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The girl, Carleen, who I spoke to on the phone told me I was booking a King suite with a pull out couch. When I checked in and went to my room there was no pull out couch. I went back to the front desk and let them know. I asked what could be done to fix the situation and she told me she could give me my money back and I could go somewhere else. I than asked to speak to her manager and she replied with my manager told me when she left her that she was on vacation and to not call her. There was nothing done by the hotel to try and accommodate me as a guest. I than called the manager, Sandy, the next day and let them know what had happened and all she did was apologize. Not only dis they do nothing I gave them a $100 dollar cash deposit and they put another $100 deposit on my card. I was told that if I gave $100 cash deposit that there would not be one on my card as well. Well that wasn't the case. I than called Choice Privileges to let them know what was done and that this had occurred, they did nothing as well. Please be aware that neither did anything to abide by their mission statement as well. Another issue is there is not enough parking and they didn't keep the pool cleaned properly. I only gave them one star because you have to give one to post a review.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple