All reviews pancake machine room was clean continental breakfast shower head stayed for nights pleasant stay booked this hotel staff was very friendly desk cereal flooring microwave proximity
Reviewed 7 March 2015 via mobile

If you want Hilton quality, then pay the Hilton price. If you're not willing to dish out a couple hundred, then this is where you book. It's clean. The ac worked. There was a ceiling fan (Yay!!). It was quiet. Really close to the Selena Auditorium and the Aquarium. TV's are outdated, but work. Beds are too firm for my liking and the pillows are half the size of a regular one (so bring your own!). Breakfast is continental with waffles...Nothing special. We ended up going out to have breakfast. The front staff tried to help me as best they could. I ended up in a smoking room when I requested a nonsmoking through the travel site I used. Usually not that big deal but I have a daughter with asthma and that's not a good combination. They had no nonsmoking rooms left so they took me to check out the remaining smoking rooms to see if they would be ok.

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Jessicadnava
Reviewed 28 February 2015

We stayed at this Econo Lodge 2-20-15 through 2-22-15. We reserved two smoking rooms and were guaranteed both of them but not necessarily side by side. We drove from Tulsa, OK to Corpus Christi which took ALL day! It took us 13 hours with all our bathroom breaks. We made sure to call the hotel and tell them we would be late. That we would arrive around midnight and to make sure to hold our rooms. They said that it was not a problem. When we arrived they only had one of our smoking rooms and had given our other one away. We were really upset because we made sure to find a hotel with smoking, were guaranteed the rooms, we arrived tired and late, and they didn't have any other sized smoking rooms available. I tried to write a review on their website but it wouldn't let me. I even have the confirmation number needed and everything! FRUSTRATING! Also, take note this hotel is in a shady neighborhood with LOTS of homeless living across the street and walking through the parking lot at all hours of day and night! We were mad at ourselves for reserving this hotel because we figured out when we were in Corpus that we could of stayed in an ocean front for around the same price! Given we came off season but still. Also, if your reading this Econo Lodge our confirmation number was #383333653 you can look this up and verify. Word of advice to Econo Lodge is keep your word with your reservations or more people are likely to get mad too and write bad reviews like I did. If you would of kept your word I wouldn't of written a bad review about that or the shady neighborhood!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Laura R
Reviewed 21 February 2015 via mobile

Room was in good condition. WiFi worked very well. Lots of hot water. Staff was very courteous. It's located is a sort of rough area if town but we never felt endangered. Great access to the hiway and a gas station was right next door. Contl breakfast was minimal and consisted of the usual carbs. Only apples and oranges for fruit.

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Coldduck
Reviewed 16 February 2015

I have stayed in this Hotel at least a hundred times through the years...
Always clean and though parking is tight, security is good..
The internet connection is superb with a fast, strong link...
Would I return...Only place I stay in Corpus!!
Breakfast is mediocre at best..But OK

You will enjoy the rooms and people..
There was a recent manager change, but I saw no difference in service.
Hope this helps you.
George

Room tip: Stay up stairs..more privacy
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank GEJenkins
Reviewed 14 January 2015

it doesn't look that inviting... but the room was delightfully nice.. it had a 2 burner cook top and sink. which we put to great use for dinner.. ( bad part was the room was at the stairwell and we had people standing outside our room throughout the night.

beds were nice
. front desk REBECCA was little Ms Information about where to go eat to what you need to go see while in town.
.. breakfast was nice and fresh after the shift change ( morning males on desk were LAZY!!, juice was out, no fruit, milk empty but they were comfy behind the desk waiting with friends)

would stay next time

Room tip: request away from stairwells...
Date of stay: January 2015