“Great Savior From Dirty Hotels!”

Best Western Padre Island
Ranked #5 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed 10 July 2011

This place came as a huge relief as clean hotels are hard to find in southern Texas. The owner happened to be on site for most of our stay, and he was very polite and informative. They have a nice pool, free computer/internet usage, and warm breakfast in the morning. Also, the beds have a nice thick pillowtop. This is a nice place to stay if you are looking for a clean, quiet, and comfortable place but don't want to pay for a lot of extra frills. Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Best Western Padre Island

Reviewed 19 June 2011

We spent two nights here as we have done a few times before in the past, but we will not stay again. First problem was middle of the night I had an emergency restroom run and after finishing my business the toilet would not flush. I had to go down to the lobby after a few minutes to see if I could borrow a plunger as well as use the restroom there. One restroom in the lobby was out of order and the other had no toilet paper or paper towels. The attendant at the desk couldn't find a plunger and told me that they would have to fix our toilet the next morning meaning my entire family had to go downstairs to the lobby to use the restroom in the morning. They fixed our restroom late in the morning when the maid came to clean the room. Lobby restroom never had paperwork towels put in the dispenser during our stay as well as never got cleaned. One lady that covered the morning shift at the desk was also particularly rude. She made no effort to be pleasant with at the least a smile as she went about her duties in the dining area. She had a scowl on her face the whole time and after cooking my waffle on the one iron that was working she actually grunted at me and waved her hand at me as I almost mistakenly closed it rather than leaving it open. I'll pay the extra money and stay at another hotel down the road next time we visit.

• Stayed: June 2011
4  Thank LordWolff
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Thanks to Ketan Bhakta, General Manager and his staff we had the most wonderful experience of a lifetime.. What we expected to be a non eventful fishing trip turned out to be the best and most relaxed time ever. If you are in Corpus Christi, Tx and need a greaat place to stay please do yourself a favor and look up this hotel.

KB will make sure that you are taken care of. This hotel was exceptionally cleanboth the grounds and the rooms. The service was excellent. Before I retred I worked for Nabisco and traveled and stayed at some of the most expensive and highly rated hotels. Nonne can compare to the Best Western On The Island. Ask for KB and get ready for an exampallary experience Barbara Ellis, Schertz, Tx

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2010

The hotel wasnt PERFECT. . The room was acceptable, its just a place to sleep right? the only thing i didnt like was that when you take a shower there was nooo ventelation in there, so when your getting dried off and stuff your sweating to death if you take a hot shower....kinda like a sauna. our towel rack broke off the last couple minutes of our stay haha oh well...you could see where the wall had been patched before. bed and pillows were comfy....used to fridge...there was also a microwave. We went in the pool our first night and there were loooooots of ants and other bugs in it, which was nasty to have our 2 year old son in. its not a pretty quite road, there really isnt a lot around the hotel, we would drive to corpus or port aransas to go eat or shop. the beach is like 5 minutes away which was nice.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2010

I am a pretty low mantinence person, it doesn't take much to impress me. This was by far the worst hotel stay I have ever experienced!!! The room smelled like feet. I used my whole bottle of body spray and it still would not cover up the horrendous smell. The light switches looked like they had not been cleaned since the hotel first opened. I used the plastic ice bag to flip the switches. And definately bring your own hair dryer! I don't usually use them but this one looked like it would have caught on fire if turned on. We opened the hide-a-way bed to find all sorts of french fries, dirt and trash inside. Not exactly where I wanted to lay my 16 month old. The shower head leaked from all different locations making it impossible to rinse yourself off. Hotel staff was not very friendly/helpful; the housekeeper just walked straight in without knocking. But the kicker came in the middle of the night two hours after we had turned off all the lights to go to sleep. One of the lights suddenly flashed on and off making cracking/buzzing sound. When we told the front desk about the incident he said "You're in room 107?" (it was the first time we had seen him at all, he was not there when we cheked in) "That is the second time in a week we have had that complaint" UMMM?!?! SERIOUSLY?!?!?! He then tried to tell us it is just the light bulb going out! I would never in a million years recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family