“Dolphins”

US$98.95*
and up
Houston City Sightseeing Tour with Round-Trip Transport to Kemah Boardwalk
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the amazing underwater world of the Texas State Aquarium! Thousands of animals representing over 320 different species are ready to enchant, entertain, and inspire you. Corpus Christi's most popular cultural attraction has welcomed over 12 million visitors since its grand opening in July 1990. Conveniently located on North Beach, the Texas State Aquarium is just minutes from Corpus Christi's downtown district, convention center complex, and museums.The Texas State Aquarium Association is a not-for-profit, educational institution that does not receive any city, state, or federal funding for its operations. Every visit to the Texas State Aquarium is a new and exciting discovery of animals that remind us all of our responsibility to those whose world we share.The Aquarium's Second Chances Wildlife Rehabilitation Program is federally permitted and operates under rigorous standards established by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA). Each year, thousands of protected, endangered or threatened species along the Texas coast become ill or injured. Most are brought to our facility with problems caused directly or indirectly by humans. The goal of the Texas State Aquarium's Second Chances Program is to rehabilitate, and whenever possible, return the animals to their natural environment. The Aquarium is an accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums and is a member of the World Association of Zoos and Aquariums. The Aquarium's mission is to engage people with animals, inspire appreciation for our seas, and support wildlife conservation.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed 13 February 2012

This was definately worth the visit. There were otters, sting rays and Dolphins, just to name a few exhibits. There was even a Raptor, Bald Eagle and a crocodile the length of my truck. The aquariums were full of amazing fish. I was just a great place to visit - The kidz and ppl of all ages would enjoy it here

1  Thank Saltangler81
There are newer reviews for Texas State Aquarium

Reviewed 9 February 2012

This aquarium is fairly small and offers what I feel are limited displays of local and international sealife. The place also offers shows, including dolphins performing. One can pretty much see and do everything in the course of a morning or afternoon. The place offers a bird show where birds of prey fly around. This is ok-but this is supposed to be an aquarium. The emphasis should be on sea life. They have a shop with reasonablly priced souvenirs. I bought a t-shirt and a glass. The facility has a cafeteria but I can't comment as I didn't eat there. Parking does cost $5.00.
I came here as part of an overall visit to Corpus Christi ( I drove from Houston). This is an ok place to visit if you live in Corpus Christi. However, if you live out of town, it is not worth a trip just to come to this place. I have been in far better aquariums.

1  Thank Anonymous322
Reviewed 1 February 2012

The first time I visited this place I was in awe. I loved this place and thought it was great. The second time we were in the area we visited and I thought that it was a little small, but still great. Now that I've been to the Georgia Aquarium and have something much larger to compare to... I still love this place. Sure, it's not as big as some and may not have tons and tons of sea life, but it's beautifully put together. It's not so crowded that you can't see anything, the dolphin show is more educational and not cheesy like the others, and the atmosphere is just more laid back. I will definitely be back.

1  Thank VLS82
Reviewed 30 January 2012

some more animal shows would be cool...some rides would really make it awesome!! and they should make it a fine dining restaurant at night

Reviewed 27 January 2012

We drove to Corpus and on the spur of the moment decided to visit the aquarium. It was worth the stop. We enjoyed the dolphin show the most. The tickets were kind of expensive, so if you can get them on a special online, do so. Definitely recommend it.