All reviews national harbor mgm casino alternative hotel housekeeping staff are free shuttle outlet mall host hotel great water pressure entire hotel restful night called housekeeping quality hotel min drive beautiful lobby free breakfast modern hotel dc area
Reviewed 13 September 2017

Stayed for five nights in the end of July, was a host hotel for an event in DC. Someone really should vacuum the elevators. Also repair the elevators, on more than one occasion the elevators malfunctioned. I ended up using stairs to go to another floor just to get a functioning elevator.

I needed something printed, there is no business center. It is 2017, for the amount per night they charge I expect much better. Their solution was to email document to hotel, seriously?

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris M
Ken H, General Manager at Harborside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Hello Chris M

Thank you for your constructive review. I appreciate your comments regarding improving our elevator experience and this has been addressed. We are in-process of modernizing our vertical hoists. I will make improvements to business center services which is commonly serviced at reception in the absence of B/C. The privacy of our guests and patrons is our highest mission, trust we will do our best to maintain this even if we print material at reception.

Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

No coffee pot in room, unknowledgeable staff, no visitor brochures, no hotel information in rooms. vending machines on every other floor and ice machines on opposite floors. Shuttle driver Abdel, EXCELLENT

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Debbie S

Hello Debbie S

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I appreciate you recognizing Abdel for his services, this will encourage team members to continue to strive for excellence.

I have addressed your concerns with the respective department heads particularly regarding product knowledge, area brochures and attractions. We do serve coffee in the lobby 24 hours and on occasion deliver to guest room, if desired. Our Suites feature iLLY coffee making facilities en-suite!

Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Truly

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and found some really good points and a few negative. The reception area, bar and breakfast rooms are gorgeous, they have been done up to a high standard and are very impressive when you arrive. However the rooms! Tired, dated a little scruffy with wonderfully soft new feeling carpets! I know a contradiction but it's as if they have put new carpets down and left the rest?? Rooms have microwaves and fridges, 2 queen beds for us.

A big plus point for us was the hotel bus, we used them to go to the outlets and National Harbour so it was nice not to have to take our car. It was completely free of charge and was mostly just waiting out of the front of the hotel, you then gave them a call to come back for you. Never waited more than 10 mins. We tipped the driver on the return journeys.
Over all a good price the hotel but needs a re model on the rooms

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Autumn83

Hello Autumn83

Thank you for taking the time to write your constructive review.

We recently completed a top-to-bottom renovation. Our next phase will address the guestroom bathroom. Guest room furniture, beds, mattress, writing desk, HDTV, carpeting and accessories are all brand new. All guest rooms are equipped with new microwave, mini-fridge, iron/board, USB charger and much more... complimentary american breakfast, shuttle service, parking and WiFi

Hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

We checked in on a Sunday about 7 pm .tired and ready to go to bed. Our room was clean and neat. The carpet looked like it needed to be vacuum again in places (It did not)It was the way I looked at it. Called front desk and they sent a very nice man up to take care of it. He noticed I was having trouble getting on the bed and asked if I would like to have a step stool.Will stay again very nice and friendly people
The only thing I found wrong was they do not have TV remotes with closed caption. My husband wears hearing aids and uses close caption when he watches TV

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Ken H, General Manager at Harborside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear nanalime

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review.

I hope you had contacted our Guest Services Ambassador, they would have explained how to switch on Close Caption. All our new LCD TV's are hospitality enabled and therefore another remote would have been delivered to your room immediately. Otherwise, we're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 August 2017

We were on the top floor, -- room was great, clean, front desk was very professional and very helpful receiving 2 deliveries for us, - appreciated the AARP discount. Free breakfast was excellent. We've seen more variety in the breakfast in other places, but you pay a lot more too. So for value, very happy. We want to especially mention by name Delonte, the engineer, mechanic, maintenance specialist -- not sure on exact title . This guy went way above and beyond the call of duty for us. I had a problem with a portable suitcase scale and needed a very small phillips head screwdriver. I asked at the front desk and in less than 5 minutes this super friendly guy showed up, and offered to walk me out to his car to pick the exact screwdriver I needed. Then I needed a very small pair of pliers to finish the repair, even as the rain drops started to fall. My wife and I were about to fly out of the country the next morning so I had almost no US money left on me, for a tip. He refused the tip, said it was his pleasure-- and I hope his boss Joseph reads this and gives him a raise. It was not his responsibility to loan me his tools to fix my private property, yet he did, and cheerfully. He is the reason I am writing this review. Great people at this place, and Tsai Yu [sp?] at the front desk was also very kind to call Delonte. The hotel is ony 5 minutes max from National Harbor, where my wife had a conference and much better price with free parking and free breakfast. I was told one of my wife's friends was at a hotel at National Harbor paying $18 a day for parking, with no free breakfast. Don't waste your money. This place is great. Thanks to all the staff.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear IsabelNeira

Delighted to receive your complements and thank you for taking the time to write your review.

Delonte, Engineer and Hsu, Guest Services both Stars!! I will indeed mention your complements to their respective department head. This will encourage them and our team members to continue to strive for excellence!

I wish you safe travels overseas and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.