“Great for the cost!”
Review of Harborside Hotel

Harborside Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Oxon Hill
Reviewed 8 July 2017

The hotel was what I would refer to as a boutique hotel. It was quaint - not too small, not too large. Lobby area was inviting. The eating area was nice. The breakfast was a buffet style - good selections. Breakfast was complimentary. The hotel offers a shuttle. The shuttle only goes to 4 places, but one of those places is where you'll want to go anyway: The National Harbor. If you didn't have that on your itinerary, you might want to make the adjustment to add it. I don't recall the name of the gentleman that greeted me upon my arrival, but he was very pleasant. There was one other gentleman who assisted me during my stay - I call him Mr. Z. I had trouble pronouncing his name, and I'm even more challenged to spell it even if I could recall his name. Here's what I won't forget, and that's Mr. Z was Mr. Customer Service! It was nice returning to the hotel just knowing that Mr. Z would be at the desk and serve up one of those award winning welcomes! The rooms was nice. There was a refrigerator. For those of you who love using public transportation like I do, you'll be happy to know that there's a bus stop directly in front of the hotel. Had I done my homework in advance of going to Oxon Hill,MD, I would have been able to navigate my way from Baltimore's BWI airport, all the way to this hotel, using nothing but the fabulous public transportation system in the D.C./Maryland area. Again, I love using public transportation; one reason is because I get a chance to do a lot of sightseeing. if you travel light, and you're not in a hurry, you'll want to consider investigating the use of the public transportation that's available from this hotel. I was able to travel from the hotel to BWI for a third of what I paid to travel from BWI to the hotel. The hotel is a very short ride to The National Harbor. I think if I had a bicycle, I could have gotten from the hotel to The National Harbor in under 20 minutes. The workout facility was 1 on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the best. I didn't notice any pool. I think the Wi-Fi was okay. I made a good choice in selecting this hotel. My room rate was less than half of what the rates were at hotel in The National Harbor, and I didn't sacrifice anything in quality.

Room Tip: I had a room that looked out on Oxon Hill Rd. Nothing really to see but the traffic, but that beats...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Trevor C
Ken H, General Manager at Harborside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Trevor C

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I will share your comments with Zildjian, he's a raising-star, first-class! Our team strives for excellence, they will spare no effort taking care of our guests. Absolutely agree with you, public transportation in the metro area is a huge advantage. We offer complimentary shuttle service to National Harbor and MGM National Harbor.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be your host. Look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

I left the west coast around 1 pm with a direct flight to D.C. Due to 3 hours time change, I did not get to hotel until 10pm. At that time I was starving as they did not serve any meal on the flight. I was told the kitchen was close and no food was available in the hotel. Very disappointing.

The next morning, I had a complimentary breakfast with my room. The scramble eggs were liquid and the bacon was barely cooked. After seeing that, I decided to get breakfast somewhere else.

The room was nice. My only complaint is that when sitting on the toilet, I couldn't reach the toilet paper roll so you have to remember to unhook it from the toilet paper hook and bring it closer to the toilet.

If you are looking for a nice affordable room, this is a great game place but I would avoid the food there.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank marie75trip
Ken H, General Manager at Harborside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Dear marie75trip

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I shared your comments with our executive chef to ensure food quality consistency. I can assure you we receive positive comments on our complimentary breakfast buffet, this is certainly a one-off incident. In fact our culinary offering is consistently recognized for extraordinary performance.

I will review bathroom amenities location to ensure accessibility.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves by returning to stay with us on your next trip.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

I stayed at the Harborside Hotel during Memorial Day weekend with family. They were very accommodating and even brought an extra cot up to my room for no charge. We had four rooms as a family, and mine happened to be a lot bigger than the rest, which was fortunate. The main appeal for us was the proximity to MGM without having to actually stay at MGM. Their shuttle service was excellent and dropped us off when it was needed. I will definitely stay here next time I head to MGM and/or National Harbor!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Riaz D
Ken H, General Manager at Harborside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Riaz D

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are definitely a hop away from MGM National Harbor and nearby entertainment venues at National Harbor. Also, other nearby attractions including Old Town Alexandria and Washington DC are 10-15 mins away making our strategic location even more appealing to leisure and business travelers alike.

I look forward to welcome you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Stayed 4 nights at the beginning of June and for the most part enjoyed it. The hotel was clean, staff was friendly and the best part was the free shuttle. Never had to wait long and they took us to the outlet mall, Gaylord resort and MGM casino. My only issues were the toilet was incredibly loud.every time you flushed it. Not a big deal during the day but at night when someone is trying to sleep it was an issue. Our last night there we had a problem with noise. The hotel was hosting a prom and apparently most of the kids stayed on our floor and decided to hang out in the hallway. Called downstairs twice to complain and nothing was ever done. Kids will be kids but when you have to be up bright and early to catch a flight it would have been nice to have gotten a decent night of rest. All in all it was a nice place to stay and much cheaper than the Gaylord.

Room Tip: Get a high floor away from the elevator
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Shane D

Shane D

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I appreciate your feedback concerning the noisy toilet, it has been replaced. This has prompted us to check mechanism with existing units to ensure efficiency. I apologize for the noise level during your stay, please request a corner room on your next visit just in case!

I look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to National Harbor.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

On arrival to this hotel it was much better than what I had originally anticipated! It is honestly such a lovely hotel, with spotlessly clean rooms and lobby as well as extremely helpful staff who are happy to help you with anything! In terms of getting into Washington itself it only cost around $18 with Uber so no issues getting there! The breakfast was also really nice as well! If your coming here to go into the centre of Washington or the MGM then it really is a lovely hotel as well as being significantly cheaper than any in the centre of town! Would recommend to anyone!

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank dannnyc

Dannnyc

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review.

Glad to learn you enjoyed your recent stay. I will share your compliments with our housekeeping, restaurant and reception team. This will encourage them to strive in their quest for excellence. Our great add-on's; complimentary breakfast buffet, complimentary shuttle, wifi and parking gives you the opportunity to save and spend more on your vacation!!

I look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to National Harbor.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxon Hill
2.8 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area
2.7 km away
AC Hotel National Harbor Washington, DC Area

Been to Harborside Hotel? Share your experiences!