All reviews national harbor mgm casino alternative hotel free shuttle housekeeping staff are room includes outlet mall host hotel great water pressure entire hotel restful night quality hotel min drive free breakfast beautiful lobby modern hotel dc area
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

I left the west coast around 1 pm with a direct flight to D.C. Due to 3 hours time change, I did not get to hotel until 10pm. At that time I was starving as they did not serve any meal on the flight. I was told the kitchen was close and no food was available in the hotel. Very disappointing.

The next morning, I had a complimentary breakfast with my room. The scramble eggs were liquid and the bacon was barely cooked. After seeing that, I decided to get breakfast somewhere else.

The room was nice. My only complaint is that when sitting on the toilet, I couldn't reach the toilet paper roll so you have to remember to unhook it from the toilet paper hook and bring it closer to the toilet.

If you are looking for a nice affordable room, this is a great game place but I would avoid the food there.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank marie75trip
Ken H, General Manager at Harborside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Dear marie75trip

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I shared your comments with our executive chef to ensure food quality consistency. I can assure you we receive positive comments on our complimentary breakfast buffet, this is certainly a one-off incident. In fact our culinary offering is consistently recognized for extraordinary performance.

I will review bathroom amenities location to ensure accessibility.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I hope you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves by returning to stay with us on your next trip.

Reviewed 19 June 2017

I stayed at the Harborside Hotel during Memorial Day weekend with family. They were very accommodating and even brought an extra cot up to my room for no charge. We had four rooms as a family, and mine happened to be a lot bigger than the rest, which was fortunate. The main appeal for us was the proximity to MGM without having to actually stay at MGM. Their shuttle service was excellent and dropped us off when it was needed. I will definitely stay here next time I head to MGM and/or National Harbor!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank RiazD18
Ken H, General Manager at Harborside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Riaz D

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are definitely a hop away from MGM National Harbor and nearby entertainment venues at National Harbor. Also, other nearby attractions including Old Town Alexandria and Washington DC are 10-15 mins away making our strategic location even more appealing to leisure and business travelers alike.

I look forward to welcome you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

Stayed 4 nights at the beginning of June and for the most part enjoyed it. The hotel was clean, staff was friendly and the best part was the free shuttle. Never had to wait long and they took us to the outlet mall, Gaylord resort and MGM casino. My only issues were the toilet was incredibly loud.every time you flushed it. Not a big deal during the day but at night when someone is trying to sleep it was an issue. Our last night there we had a problem with noise. The hotel was hosting a prom and apparently most of the kids stayed on our floor and decided to hang out in the hallway. Called downstairs twice to complain and nothing was ever done. Kids will be kids but when you have to be up bright and early to catch a flight it would have been nice to have gotten a decent night of rest. All in all it was a nice place to stay and much cheaper than the Gaylord.

Room Tip: Get a high floor away from the elevator
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Shane D

Shane D

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I appreciate your feedback concerning the noisy toilet, it has been replaced. This has prompted us to check mechanism with existing units to ensure efficiency. I apologize for the noise level during your stay, please request a corner room on your next visit just in case!

I look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to National Harbor.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

On arrival to this hotel it was much better than what I had originally anticipated! It is honestly such a lovely hotel, with spotlessly clean rooms and lobby as well as extremely helpful staff who are happy to help you with anything! In terms of getting into Washington itself it only cost around $18 with Uber so no issues getting there! The breakfast was also really nice as well! If your coming here to go into the centre of Washington or the MGM then it really is a lovely hotel as well as being significantly cheaper than any in the centre of town! Would recommend to anyone!

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank dannnyc

Dannnyc

Thank you for taking the time to write your positive review.

Glad to learn you enjoyed your recent stay. I will share your compliments with our housekeeping, restaurant and reception team. This will encourage them to strive in their quest for excellence. Our great add-on's; complimentary breakfast buffet, complimentary shuttle, wifi and parking gives you the opportunity to save and spend more on your vacation!!

I look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to National Harbor.

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, but if you stay here LOCK up your stuff you leave in your room. I had the do not disturb sign on my door and came back to find items missing from my suitcase. First time in all my yrs of travel as a motorcoach driver that I have ben stolen from.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank Karen H
Ken H, General Manager at Harborside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Dear Karen,

We attempted to see you prior to your departure. Please contact me on khelmy@harborsidehotel.net or contact me via hotel telephone line.

I look forward to speak to you at your earliest convenience.

Regards,