“Scared to Sleep or leave OR STAY!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #64 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 26 February 2017

The hotel was in renovation and I get that. However It was gross to stay here this place is in my top worse places I have stayed. IMO They should renovate a floor at a time not the whole building. When we entered our room we quickly locked the door and did not open or leave until we were departing. The room was disgusting and had a smell that I could not pinpoint. One of the pillows had yuck on it. The mattress (grateful I did not check under the sheets) was super soft and you sunk in it. The chairs had plaster, paint and stains on it. Breakfast was below par as well. They had mushy crockpot oatmeal. No fruit or kid friendly cereal. The waffle iron did not look like it had been cleaned either. As for the work out room two machines is not much. We left our car in the front of the building hoping not to get robbed. We would not stay it here again no matter the cost very disappointing. Thought about taking photos but not sure people out there could handle the horror. Wished I had taken the time to read reviews they are true! 2 stars for friendly service.

Room Tip: Choose another place
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

The minute I pulled in the parking lot I knew I had made a big mistake. There were homeless people wandering close buy and walking around. We felt we had to unload our bags and items and run for the door. Once we entered the hotel it got worse, after the check in my wife and I entered the room and it was like entering a nightmare. The whole floor we were on was under construction and the room we were put in was so gross and disgusting we knew there was know way we could stay. The smell was awful and the furniture was wore out and soiled, everything in the room was very outdated. We booked the room on a hotel website and were unable to get a refund. I had two rooms reserved I called my friends that were on their way and told them not to come it was too gross.
Lost $117.00 on the deal.
Lesson learned! Tried to save some money and cost me big

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris_46094
Reviewed 16 January 2017

We have had to say hear 2x while attending Outdoor Retailer. It is the only hotel in the area with vacancies and as soon as you show up you know why. The place is pretty dirty and old. Everything is dated and the wifi is very slow. I'm not sure how they stay open if we had ANY other options that were close to the convention center during the event we would have stayed elsewhere. If you stay here bring your sleeping bag and pretend your are camping. It might make your experience fun...

Room Tip: Bring a sleeping bag so you don't have to sleep on their sheets
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 13 January 2017

The room was okay, but what really made the stay uncomfortable was the type of people that were hanging around the hotel. Three of the five nights we were there someone was banging on a door in our hallway demanding they open the door. The third night my husband looked out into the hallway to see two officers and a group of SWAT team. They motioned him to go back into the room. It got quiet so we assumed everything was resolved but at about 5am there was a loud explosion since we later found out they had breached the door.
Obviously not everyone's experience will be like this, but I feel like we still payed WAY too much for the low quality of hotel it is.
Lots of potential, they just need major improvements.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

My biggest concern was that our room Key stopped working halfway through the day. When i went down to get it fixed they didn't ask for my identification..they just gave me a new room Key. Very unsafe. They didn't supply us with enough towels. When i asked for more they never brought them. Also they lost my reservation. Television was fuzzy and the halls smelled like marijuana. Not enough pillows. Beds were comfortable. Location is great. Shower was nice. Had a fridge, microwave, hair dryer, and wifi. Served breakfast.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business