“Only place with vacancies at Outdoor Retailer”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #64 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
Reviewed 16 January 2017

We have had to say hear 2x while attending Outdoor Retailer. It is the only hotel in the area with vacancies and as soon as you show up you know why. The place is pretty dirty and old. Everything is dated and the wifi is very slow. I'm not sure how they stay open if we had ANY other options that were close to the convention center during the event we would have stayed elsewhere. If you stay here bring your sleeping bag and pretend your are camping. It might make your experience fun...

Room Tip: Bring a sleeping bag so you don't have to sleep on their sheets
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark W

Reviewed 13 January 2017

The room was okay, but what really made the stay uncomfortable was the type of people that were hanging around the hotel. Three of the five nights we were there someone was banging on a door in our hallway demanding they open the door. The third night my husband looked out into the hallway to see two officers and a group of SWAT team. They motioned him to go back into the room. It got quiet so we assumed everything was resolved but at about 5am there was a loud explosion since we later found out they had breached the door.
Obviously not everyone's experience will be like this, but I feel like we still payed WAY too much for the low quality of hotel it is.
Lots of potential, they just need major improvements.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

My biggest concern was that our room Key stopped working halfway through the day. When i went down to get it fixed they didn't ask for my identification..they just gave me a new room Key. Very unsafe. They didn't supply us with enough towels. When i asked for more they never brought them. Also they lost my reservation. Television was fuzzy and the halls smelled like marijuana. Not enough pillows. Beds were comfortable. Location is great. Shower was nice. Had a fridge, microwave, hair dryer, and wifi. Served breakfast.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank tami w
Reviewed 27 September 2016

Worst business operation. Charged my mother cash didn't receipt it then charged her a $100 deposit which she was not aware of and the room fee to her card the next day. when confronted about it the Front desk clerk "Sheshi" said he never took cash from her even though there were witnesses and he changed his story twice. Way to rip off a senior citizen you lying thieve. I urge everyone to NOT stay here. When the manager was confronted about the situation she told my mother "I'm sorry there's no proof, I have to believe my employee". Ya great customer service and integrity.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristen R
Reviewed 4 September 2016 via mobile

The following review is based on a stay that happened during Salt Lake City Comic Con:

This place is under extreme renovation, which I was unaware of when I booked. On the second morning of my stay (on the third floor) I encountered a sign saying that the elevator was out of service. That turned out to be a lie however because after THREE HOURS OF WAITING, we were told the truth- the builders were just laying tile out in front of the elevator. After an angry phone call to the front desk they finally sent someone up to fetch me (I'm in a wheelchair).

But that's not all. Looking for reliable wifi? Avoid this place like the plague. The signal drops about every ten minutes and it literally takes forever to reconnect. My cell phone company charged us an extra $15 bucks because I ran out of data for the current billing cycle and I'm about to run out of the extra 1GB that they gave me YESTERDAY.

The masonry in the bathroom is poorly done. Looks super dirty or just skipped over in places.

NEVER AGAIN WILL I BOOK ANY HOTEL IN DOWNTOWN THAT CHARGES LESS THAN 90 DOLLARS PER NIGHT. But thanks for the great rate, Rodeway. Maybe you should think about hiring some 3rd generation Americans to help you run this place.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends