“Stop Complaining”

Ranked #66 of 75 Hotels in Salt Lake City
New York City, New York
“Stop Complaining”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This hotel is just perfect!

King size bed for a King. The room was big.

It's location is just as perfect. Right off the highway. It's not luxury but it's just right. The prices are ridiculously low. Continental breakfast sucked but then again who gives a fkuc, go to Denny's right around the corner, stop being cheap.

I would CERTAINLY stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank ExplorerStanley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 17 March 2012

1. People awake at all hours of the night making noise, "domestic disputes" in the hallways at 1am, walls thin as paper above and to the sides.
2. Water never warmer than luke warm.
3. Paper towels would dry your body better than the towels provided by the hotel.
4. What am I a jailbird in prison and cannot be trusted with at least 2 ply toilet paper?
5. Tv had literally 15 channels and not even good ones. They included the food channel, tlc, the hallmark channel. Come on? What happened to a little hbo?
6. Tv set was a 19" tv. Please, the tv set was like 15 years old, isn't there a rule to replace tv's after a certain amount of time?
7. I swear the shampoo/conditioner was dish soap.
8. Closet was broken

• Stayed March 2012

Travellers are raving about these Salt Lake City hotels

Great Falls, MT
Reviewed 14 March 2012

The front desk attendant looked like some guy off the bus stop. Not only did he look very unprofessional (He was wearing jeans and a faded hoodie) but was also rude. When I first came into ask how much the rooms were, he said $79. I come back after grabbing dinner and he tells me $90. I'm not sure if hotels typically raise prices out of the blue like this but it seemed like he was trying to pocket the extra cash. Anyway, I reminded him that he already told me $79 so he honored that price.

As I walking up the stairs to my room, I saw 2 homeless people in the dumpster having sex. I know that's not really the hotels fault but definitely gave me the creeps. Plus, from what I'm reading from other reviews, it seems like homeless people have been a reoccurring problem here.

The room itself was definitely not worthy of a tripadvisor's average rating. It's just like any motel-8 or a truck stop motel. Stains on the walls, bathroom ceilings falling off, oddly-scented linen, squeaking floors, old 70's decor.

Bottom line: I would not pay over $50... MAYBE $60 for this place. Pay $20 more and go to a place where you don't feel like you need to disinfect every part of your body

Room Tip: Stay close to the lobby. Further away you get, the more shady it gets.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank skimmilk68
Usa, Japan
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Needed a last-minute bed to sleep in so I booked this place. At first I mistakenly went to the Hilton Garden Inn and thought WOW how nice for what I'm paying. But no, they directed me to the ROYAL Garden Inn.

Well, it royally...sucked. To clarify, it's not like there was hair all over the bathroom. The woman at the front desk was super nice. There was edible food at the continental breakfast. However, there was an awesome blood-like stain on the carpet that greeted me upon arrival...mmmm. The bed comfort was meh with rock pillows.

Here's the thing: It's like it got redone in 1976 and never touched again. I really should have ponied up the $40 extra and stayed somewhere nicer to avoid depression. I have enough problems in life as it is.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Koln K
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I stayed at the Royal Garden Inn for a conference in Feb 2012. Good points first - they offer a free shuttle service to/from the airport, the room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and the location was great for getting to the conference at Salt Palace Convention Centre. Another bonus was the free WiFi. However, there were some bad points. The room was a bit dated with the wallpaper peeling off the walls in some places. Also the advertised cable/satellite TV didn't work and there were scorch marks up the wall on one of the power sockets. I could also hear the people in the room above me as they walked about though I was so tired most nights that it didn't stop me getting to sleep. Then, on the last day I woke up to water dripping through the ceiling of the bathroom from the room above me. It stopped after 15 mins so I guess it was related to the shower being used upstairs. I was glad it was my last night as it definitely put me off staying in the room. It seems it wasn't only my room with a water problem as when I checked out I heard another guest complaining of the same thing! One final point is that the included breakfast was not that great. There was never any members of staff about and when items ran out they were not topped up. It would also have been nice to see some fresh fruit. Overall, you get what you pay for. If you want something thats cheap thats convenient for downtown and you only need the basics then this hotel is fine. However, the water through the ceiling issue definitely raises some safety issues!

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business